With a commitment to bridge the digital gap in education, My Dream in a Shoebox (MDIAS), the annual education campaign led by strategic marketing agency TeamAsia, together with Yellow Boat of Hope Foundation (YBH), is taking action to contribute to the realization of future-ready classrooms. Through the establishment of educational hubs or e-hubs in some of the Philippines’ remotest areas, an initiative by YBH, kids will get access to equipment and supplies they need for face-to-face learning: six computers, a year’s worth of internet service, a printer and printing materials, school supplies, face masks, alcohol, and a budget for logistical costs.
In the Basic Education Report (BER), the Department of Education (DepEd) pointed out the difficulties it faces in providing basic education to Filipino students, which includes school facilities and learning resources.
These issues were also echoed by President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. in his recent State of the Nation Address where his solution to the age-old problem is that “schools and facilities are being retrofitted to become ready for the future—ready for hybrid and high-tech learning, and also climate-ready and disaster-proof.”
Bea Lim, managing director of TeamAsia and chief dream builder of MDIAS, expressed her dedication to this cause, “As we move forward into an era marked by technological advancements, it’s imperative that we equip our students with the means to succeed. Our e-hub donations represent our commitment to creating future-ready classrooms that foster creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration. By providing these resources, we are empowering students to dream big and achieve even bigger.”
According to Dr. Anton Mari Lim, YBH’s co-founder, “We are proud to work alongside My Dream in a Shoebox to empower children and transform their #BiggerDreams into a bigger and brighter reality. These e-hubs are not just technological tools, but bridges to opportunities, empowerment, and a brighter future.” Thus, YBH is committed to building more opportunities or avenues for the children.
Aside from e-hubs, MDIAS also aims to raise P250,000 from donations in order to help 10 scholars in each of its 10 partner communities across the Philippines. Donations will be used to cover the costs of the children’s school supplies and hygiene kits with face masks and alcohol.
If you’re interested to take part in this year’s MDIAS campaign, follow these steps to donate:
- Visit the My Dream in a Shoebox website at https://shoeboxcampaign.teamasia.com/
- Click the ‘Donate Now’ button.
- Choose which of the causes you would like to donate to: Donate a Dream Kit, Support a Scholar, or Fund an e-hub. You can also donate to all!
- If you wish to donate a dream kit, the amount is P300. To fund an e-hub, you can input the amount you would like to donate and click “Make a Donation.” But if you want to support a scholar or a community, you may choose to donate PHP2,500 or PHP25,000, respectively.
- Review your cart and hit ‘Proceed to Checkout.’
- Fill up the billing form, choose your mode of payment, click ‘Place Order.’
“We can all do our own part—filling up a shoe box with supplies and sending it over, donating money to support a scholar, or even the simple act of sharing posts to our networks and friends to encourage them to donate or volunteer,” said Bea Lim. “As someone told me before, which has now become our thrust and belief, ‘Hangga’t may bata na nangangarap at nangangailangan, nandoon ang My Dream in a Shoebox.’”
Make a donation now and see how small efforts can make a big impact on the youth and the community.
- Celebrate the Festive Season at F1 Hotel Manila - November 29, 2023
- The 2023 OPPO Inspiration Challenge Global Top 5 - November 29, 2023
- realme Surpasses 200M Global Shipments in Just 5 Years - November 29, 2023