“In this world, nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.” – Benjamin Franklin
We dread both not because they’re not real but because we know that they are and yet we still don’t really entirely grasp the concept of their existence or importance.
The difference however between death and taxes is that the latter can be cheated on but the penalty for cheating is often regarded as a fate worse than death. 🙂
It’s a good thing that we have in the Philippines a Tax Whiz like Mon Abrea to help all of us understand better what taxes are and how we can live our lives in harmony with all our tax realities.
Yesterday afternoon, Mon Abrea and his team at the Asian Consulting Group (ACG) in cooperation with Creative Programs, Inc. (ABS CBN Books) launched “IWAS BUWIS-IT: What To Do When Tax Attacks” a beautifully-designed, easy-to-understand, magazine-type book that will help individuals – even the young people – to understand and appreciate what taxes are and how it affects us from birth to death.
Whether you choose to be one of the 16 million tax-paying employees, start your own business, or make a living as a freelancer, you will be armed with all the necessary artillery that you will need to battle your way through various tax instances that you will encounter.
The book covers a variety of common tax experiences as well as business tips from Potato Corner CEO Jose Magsaysay, Jr., and special interviews with James Reid and Boy Abunda.
Here’s an overview of the topics tackled in the book:
- Taxes: From Birth to Death
- Choosing The Right Career
- Buhay Empleyado
- The Raket Life
- Best of Both Worlds: Career Paths
- The Story of James Reid’s Passion
- Fast Talk Reversed with Boy Abunda
- What are Social Enterprises?
- 7 Causes of Heartbreaks When Starting a Business
- 5 Tips to Survive the BIR Audit without Compromises
- Even Generosity is Taxable
- Business Tips from CEO Jose Magsaysay, Jr.
- Strategic Reforms That We Need Now
- 5 Things That Wont Be Taxed From The Grave
Present during the launch are Boy Abunda, James Reid, Kean Cipriano, Jose Magsaysay Jr., Salve Duplito, BIR Commissioner Billy Dulay, and DTI Secretary Ramon Lopez.
Mon Abrea has also written other publications for the non-profit organization Center for Strategic Reforms of the Philippines (CSR Philippines), including the bestselling tax handbook – “Got A Question About Taxes? Ask The Tax Whiz!”
Mon Abrea travels around the country and abroad to educate taxpayers and help them deal with their tax problems without compromises.
Aside from James Reid, Kean Cipriano, Chynna Ortaleza and Boy Abunda, Kapuso actress Bea Binene also joins Mon Abrea in his campaigns and tax hub talks as the official ACG Celebrity Ambassador. Bea is also the owner of Mix & Brew Coffee.
I believe that IWAS BUWIS-IT is going to be another nationwide bestseller for the Tax Whiz – even bigger than the first one because it talks to a much wider audience. Get your copies now! It’s a must for your home library, the wealth of information inside this book is priceless.
- GoDaddy and AXN Asia’s Project GO Reveals Top 4 Picks From Hundreds of Business Pitches - November 28, 2020
- UNIQLO Blue Bay Walk is Now Open! Their 2nd Roadside Store in the Philippines - November 28, 2020
- Win Up To 50,000 Pesos Cash By Watching Your Favorite Shows on TV5 - November 28, 2020