CALORIES.. CALORIES.. and more CALORIES!
This is what the holiday brings to most people! But there are ways to be merry and yet healthy during the holiday season. Here are Ten awesome tips to keep yourself healthy during the season of gaining from fitness expert SAMANTHA CLAYTON.
- No savings. Don’t cut down or starve all day to enjoy the party at night. Skipping your breakfast and lunch is a not a good way to avoid weight gain. There are many reasons why this is a good tactic; a drop in sugar level, lack of energy and lack of concentration are just a few of the down galls of the “starve and binge” technique. Chances are, if you wait all day to enjoy the party food, you will consume twice the amount because you will be so hungry.
- Snacks. Have a healthy protein rich snack before you head out to a holiday party. Filling yourself up on healthy snacks that contain protein will keep you full and stop you from having that extra cup cake.
- Move around. Use holiday parties as an opportunity to socialize with your friends. Keep walking around and don’t park yourself next to chips and dips. Walking counts as exercise so the more you move the better.
- Dance. Let loose and dance off the party calories; the extra bonus is that the more time you spend dancing the less time you will spend eating.
- Routing. Don’t skip your work-outs. The best thing you can do is keep your exercise routine intact. We all know holiday diets can go awry, but if you can at least keep your workouts going it will help.
- Watch your drinks. Try to avoid drinking too many sweet drinks. It’s amazing how many calories can be hiding in a simple holiday punch. Stay hydrated with water helps.
- Maximize your time with quick fix workouts. If time is tight try to do a quick 10-minute routine in the morning and another 10 minutes before you go to bed. Simple exercises performed in an interval style will help burn some calories and keep you toed over the holidays.
- Step away from the computer. Sitting in front of your computer screen looking for that bargain may cost you in the long run. Stay active this holiday season by walking around the shops and carrying bags or boxes doubles up as a workout.
- Make every minute count. Think active all holiday season. Take the stairs. Park in the furthest spot from the store. Get outside and go for a walk. The more active you are the fewer points you will gain.
- Routine. Don’t wait until January 1st to start you exercise plan, start today. The sooner you get your body into a positive active and healthy routine the better chance you have of reaching your personal health goals.
“No matter where you are on your personal wellness journey, think twice before over-indulging during the next few weeks. My advice is to, at the very least, try to break even and maintain your weight this holiday season. It’s amazing how easy it is to gain weight in such a short amount of time, and although weight gain is an easy as eating a few too many pieces of pie, taking off those pounds come January is a much harder tasks.”Samantha Clayton
SAMANTHA CLAYTON is Herbalife’s director of worldwide fitness and education.
- Are You Prepared for the Flu Season? - May 19, 2022
- Ming ♥ Tomas Web Series Will Make Viewers Laugh and Fall in Love - May 19, 2022
- UAAP Cheerdance Competition Comes Fully Alive this May 22 - May 19, 2022