I grew up in a family that is not so big on celebrations. I can’t even remember if my sister and I ever had a birthday party when we were kids. I’d like to think that we did but there were no way of knowing for certain because we have no photographs of it, not even a faint memory.
Well yeah, we don’t celebrate birthdays the way most people do so please don’t judge me if I appear to be not so interested in remembering and greeting people on their birthdays – it’s not that I don’t care, I do, but for me birthdays are just dates that adds a number to your age. 🙂
I think I only got to the point of making some effort of celebrating big and small occasions when I had a family of my own.
Now don’t think for one second that because we are not big on celebrations that our family has little love to share. That is so not true. There are a lot of love to go around inside our humble home.
Caring for someone is not only expressed through giving gifts or making them feel special – there are so many ways you can genuinely share the love. Here are 5 of the most important #ShareTheLove ways that you should take to heart.
You can’t give what you don’t have, so start by learning to love yourself first but don’t love yourself too much, to a point that there’s no more love for others to share. Be good to yourself and nurture all your wonderful gifts. You can start by being healthy.
The PhilAm Vitality program is a health care plan that not only covers your medical expenses, it also helps you live a healthier, longer and better life, and rewards you for it. So, that’s one great way of expressing your love for yourself.
LOOK FOR THE GOOD IN PEOPLE
People – family, friends and loved ones can be so annoying sometimes but one way of sharing love without them knowing it is to strive to look for the good in every people that you know. It may sometimes feel like looking for a needle in a haystack but trust me, that needle is worth all the trouble especially if you want that person to be a part of your life. Once you find the good, focus on it, and praise them for it as often as you can. This will take a lot of practice and a truckload of patience, but your soul will feel a whole lot lighter once you’ve mastered it. Remember it is hard to love when all you see are the bad.
USE THE MAGIC WORDS
Now these might be “kindergarten” basic but these are also one of the hardest things to do when you are older. Saying “Please” and “Thank You” adds a great amount of value to any relationship. It goes beyond being polite, it shows how much you appreciate and respect the other individual.
No don’t bring presents, just be present! No amount of expensive material things can ever replace the minutes or hours of quality time you give to all the people that you love. Your shoulder to cry on to a troubled friend. Your bedtime stories for your little prince and princess. Your home cooked meals on date night with your partner. These are the things people will remember most. Not presents – your presence. So be present in their lives even if you can’t physically be there, technology provides us with so many ways these days so you don’t make excuses.
BE A BLESSING TO OTHERS
Lastly, be a blessing to other people. Be the light in the dark, the brearer of good tidings. When you spread a little joy – you share the love. When you help people with what they need – you share the love. When you inspire them to have hope and to be strong – you share the love. When you become a blessing to others – you’ll be blessed even more.
Another way to be a blessing to others is by sharing the knowledge of health, wellness and protection. By encouraging your loved ones to get a free financial consultation via AIA PhilAm Life you also get rewarded by getting a chance to win in a raffle for some exciting prizes such as iPad Air, PS4, a smart watch, and many more!
Here’s How To Join
- The AIA Philam Life #ShareTheLove Customer Referral Program is open to all Philippine residents and existing customers, aged 18 years old and older. Promo runs until November 30, 2020
- Existing customers and prospects (i.e. Referrors) are encouraged to submit their referrals in the Online Referral Form (bit.ly/ShareTheLoveReferralForm) and complete the mandatory details required.
- The Referrer will earn one (1) raffle entry for every confirmed referral (i.e. referrals who confirmed to have a financial health check with an advisor) for a chance to win premium gadgets during the weekly raffle.
- Winners will be randomly selected via an electronic raffle draw on a weekly basis. There will be a total of 12 winners of premium gadgets.
- Prizes raffled off for the week will be announced and posted in AIA Philam Life Official Facebook page during the start of the week.
- A participant may only win once.
- Winners will be contacted by a representative from AIA Philam Life – Customer Strategy to determine the validity of the details inputted in the referral form. Winners will also be posted in AIA Philam Life official Facebook page.
- Prizes are non-transferrable, non-convertible to cash, and winners must present a valid Government ID upon claiming.
- Sept 7-13 – Nintendo Switch
- Sept 14-20 – Samsung Galaxy Note 20
- Sept 21-27 – Garmin Instinct Solar
- Sept 28-Oct 4 – Dyson Pure Cool Tower
- Oct 5-11 – iPad Air
- Oct 12-18 – SAMSUNG SOUNDBAR HW‐Q60T/XP
- Oct 19-25 – Huawei Matebook D15
- Oct 26 – Nov 1 – Sony Playsation 4 Pro
- Nov 2-8 – Nintendo Switch
- Nov 9-15 – Dyson V11 Cordless Vacuum
- Nov 16-22 – iPad Air
- Nov 23-29 – Samsung Galaxy Note 20
- Predator League Philippines 2024 Hometown Heroes - December 1, 2023
- Potato Corner Snack Mix Makes Snack Time More Exciting! - December 1, 2023
- Teamfight Tactics Mobile is Now Live in Asia Pacific! - December 1, 2023