Mr. World 2019 contestants have arrived in Manila, Philippines. The pageant takes place on Friday, August 23, at the Smart Araneta Coliseum, one of Asia’s largest indoor arenas.
The prestigious competition is set to be the biggest and most successful event in the history of the competition.
Contestants from across the globe will compete in a three-week once-in-a-lifetime experience to discover who should be declared “The World’s Most Desirable Man.”
This also marks a first in Philippine pageant history since this will be the very first time that the Mr. World pageant will be held in the country.
In a series of Mr. World challenge events, contestants will test their physical and mental endurance.
- Extreme Challenge will put contestants through their paces at the intensive Special Action Force (SAF) commando training school in Santa Rosa, Laguna. Living in tents, the contestants will face their toughest test of physical strength and endurance.
- Sports Challenge is a test of skill, discipline and athleticism
- Talent & Creativity is about a contestant’s finesse, technique and their fdedication as they take to the stage to impress the judges
- Fashion looks at the men getting it right in the style stakes
- Multimedia looks at their charisma and how contestants present themselves and how they engage and interact with an online audience
Julia Morley, Chairman and CEO of the Miss World Organization, said:
“We are excited to be here in the Philippines with representatives from around the world. Over the next couple of weeks, the contestants will take part in a number of challenges that test the true qualities of a man. We have had such a wonderful welcome from the Filipino people, and we are looking forward to getting to know them better, taste the local food and understand the culture.”
Arnold Vegafria, Mr. World Philippines National Director, said:
“With all the accolades that we have achieved for Miss World Philippines, I feel that it’s time to promote male pageantry as well, and what better way to do this than to have the equally prestigious Mr. World pageant right here in the Philippines! I would like to thank the Mr. World organization for choosing the Philippines as the venue for this year’s pageant. For me, this is a very good way to promote Philippine culture and tourism, because we have so many world-class tourist destinations, aside from the fact that Filipinos are known all over the world for their hospitality.”
Reigning Mr. World, Rohit Khandelwal will be onstage at the finals to crown his successor.
The live event will be broadcast to a global audience. A full list of broadcasters will be published and first-time fans will have the ability to watch the action unfold on pay-per-view on the Mr. World website: www.missworld.com/#/mister
- Yellow Cab Unveils the Half Moon Pizza at Best Ever Pizza Party in BGC - March 4, 2024
- Tips on How To Shop and Pay Wiser with GCash - March 3, 2024
- World Travel Fair Glorietta to Offer the Biggest Travel Deals Ever! - March 2, 2024