Viva Pit Senyor Sto. Niño!
Today (January 19) is the Feast of the Sto. Niño or the child Jesus. It is one of the Philippine’s most celebrated traditions (religious and cultural) that transcends all boundaries, races and stature. In fact, aside from the image of the Virgin Mary, the Sto. Niño is probably the most common religious image that can be found in almost all Catholic homes and even in places of business like the market stalls and other establishments.
If you happen to be in Metro Manila during the Feast of the Sto. Niño, you might want to check out the following Catholic churches and experience the variety of traditional local activities done to celebrate this annual event:
- Sto. Niño de Pandacan (Pandacan Manila)
- Sto. Niño de Tondo (Tondo, Manila)
- Sto. Niño Parish (De Leon St., Paranaque)
- Sto. Niño Shrine (Bago Bantay, Quezon City)
- Sto. Niño de Paz Chapel (Greenbelt Church, Makati)
- Sto. Niño Parish (Signal Village, Taguig)
The activities varies from simple processions to street dancing. Bring your cameras. Viva Pit Senyor!
- Predator League Philippines 2024 Hometown Heroes - December 1, 2023
- Potato Corner Snack Mix Makes Snack Time More Exciting! - December 1, 2023
- Teamfight Tactics Mobile is Now Live in Asia Pacific! - December 1, 2023