GSK or GlaxoSmithKline Philippines has just launched its Unstoppable 2023 campaign which is aimed at informing the public on the importance of the flu vaccine in improving not just our family’s health but also our way of life.
In a recent online media conference, host Ingrid Nieto-Pagulayan talked to GSK Vaccine Medical Head Dr. Jing Velasco-Aro and Travel Expert Rafael Dionisio to highlight the serious effects of flu and the many ways we can manage or prevent it.
“Personally, whenever I have sickness, I’ll cancel immediately just out of respect to those people around me. Also, recently we had trips around Rizal and Zambales and we had children and adults on that trip who got sick. When traveling, people are engaged in what they’re doing and kind of disregard the symptoms (a stuffy nose or itchy throat) but we need to be mindful of other people,”Rafael Dionisio
Whether it’s catching up with loved ones, going on new adventures or witnessing important milestones – don’t let the flu stop you from being present for the things that matter most. Enjoy a #Unstoppable2023 by safeguarding your health from the flu and other infectious diseases.
“Everyone can get the flu, as early as a 6 month old. Who is the most vulnerable? These children, parents, and grandparents are vulnerable to getting the flu. Even pregnant women are at risk of severe complications from having a flu. We may be actually okay but the people around us are at risk especially our parents with chronic conditions (asthma, COPD, diabetes, or heart diseases)”Dr. Velasco-Aro
WHAT IS THE FLU? NOW CAN IT STOP ME FROM LIFE’S ADVENTURES?
- Influenza can be a critical illness that can lead to complications, hospitalizations, and even death in high-risk people.
- Seasonal influenza occurs globally and is estimated to infect (symptomatically or asymptomatically in 5 unvaccinated children and 10 unvaccinated adults. In addition, up to 5 million people fall severely ill because of the flu, and every year, up to 650,000 people are at risk of dying globally because of influenza-associated respiratory diseases.
WHY SHOULD I GET AN ANNUAL FLU SHOT?
- A flu vaccine helps your immune system provide optimal protection against the flu, enabling you to live your life to the fullest. For vaccinated children as young as six months and older adults. A flu shot can be lifesaving.
- Flu vaccine protection declines over time due to the constant changing of the flu virus strain. Due to this, vaccines are annually reviewed and produced to ensure optimal protection against the current flu virus.
WHY SHOULD I GET A FLU SHOT IF I WANT TO HAVE A GREAT YEAR AHEAD?
- The best time to get your flu shot is before the flu season starts.
- In the Philippines, influenza viruses circulate year-round with multiple annual peaks. Increased activity is seen from June to November. If you can get vaccinated as early as you can, the better.
MAKE THIS YOUR YEAR AND BE #UNSTOPPABLE!
To know more about the benefits of flu vaccine and to get your flu shot, talk to your healthcare provider today.
- CONNECTED! “Missed Connections” Number 1 on Netflix! - June 10, 2023
- Beyond Borders | The 2023 International Tax Conference - June 10, 2023
- Ginebra White Party Kicks Off World Gin Day 2023 - June 10, 2023