UNIQLO announces the launch of JOIN: THE POWER OF CLOTHING, a global campaign to support activities for a better world. The campaign will start from Japan on Friday, July 1.
The aim of the JOIN：THE POWER OF CLOTHING campaign is to encourage UNIQLO customers to be a part of the environmental sustainability activities that UNIQLO has conducted up to now. The two main initiatives, conducted at UNIQLO stores and the uniqlo.com online store, are Buy and JOIN and Learn and JOIN. The program aims to raise awareness of global problems such as ocean pollution among customers, and to inspire action that makes the world a better place.
In addition, UNIQLO will sell products made with 100% recycled fibers (plush toys, pocketable bags, T-shirts), featuring designs with Doraemon Sustainability Mode, the UNIQLO Global Sustainability Ambassador.
During the campaign, when customers purchase UNIQLO
products made with recycled materials, or Blue Cycle Jeans, they will be
contributing to a better world in more ways than one. UNIQLO parent company, Fast
Retailing, will donate up to US$1 million (approximately 130 million yen) to
the Nippon Foundation to support activities that reduce ocean waste, by
donating the profits of sales of these campaign items.
The JOIN: THE POWER OF CLOTHING campaign gives customers two ways to participate.
1. Buy and JOIN – Support donations with purchases
When customers purchase products incorporating recycled material, such as items made from 100% recycled polyester recovered from plastic bottles and featuring the Doraemon Sustainability Mode motif, or environmentally-friendly Blue Cycle Jeans, Fast Retailing will donate up to US$1 million (approximately 130 million yen) from the profits of campaign item sales to the Nippon Foundation to support activities to reduce ocean waste.
- Doraemon Sustainability Mode Toy, Php 990.00(100% recycled polyester, approx. 14 plastic bottles)
- Doraemon Sustainability Mode Pocketable Bag, Php 590.00(100% recycled polyester, approx. 5 plastic bottles)
- Doraemon Sustainability Mode T-shirt, Php 790.00 (100% recycled polyester, approx. 24 plastic bottles)
- Doraemon Sustainability Mode KIDS T-shirt, Php 790.00 (100% recycled polyester, approx. 13 plastic bottles)
2. Learn and Join – Find out more about ocean pollution through special content
UNIQLO will open a special website on Wednesday, June 29, where visitors can learn about environmental issues and take action. The site includes messages from UNIQLO Global Brand Ambassadors calling for participation in the campaign, and a video with LifeWear Special Ambassador Haruka Ayase outlining some of the sustainability focus areas at UNIQLO. There is also a wide range of special content to learn about ocean-related issues, including an interview with a biological oceanographer, Ryota Nakajima, a talk with Ms. Yoko Koga on reducing the use of plastics in everyday life, and an interview with environmental specialist Dr. Keith Alverson.
Scan the QR code to visit the special website with more information on Doraemon Sustainability Mode items.
- Teejay Marquez, Devon Seron Bag Major Acting Awards - August 18, 2022
- Acer Launches Windows 11 SE Tester at OB Montessori - August 18, 2022
- Earn Shipping Credits When You Ship via DHL Express - August 18, 2022