K-Pop icon KANGDANIEL marks an explosive return to music-making with the release of his new full-length album, The Story. Featuring 10 songs co-written by the Korean pop superstar himself, the highly anticipated record chronicles stories from his own perspectives and experiences.
The lead track “Upside Town” is a midtempo tune written by KANGDANIEL, Chancellor, Knave and composed by Sean Kennedy and MZMC. The catchy new single brims with a clear Rhodes piano and a solid guitar foundation with mixed drums, whistles, and clapping sounds.
The song’s official release is accompanied by a vibrant music video that takes place in various locations, including a neon-lit barbershop, a rooftop carpark, and a laundromat. It also features KANGDANIEL and his team of talented dancers delivering an astounding choreography with hip-hop and street dance elements.
“I want to tell the stories as a storyteller,” the South Korean multimedia artist says. “I would be grateful if you just enjoy and feel relaxed with The Story. I hope you like it.”
The Story serves as his first full-length album, and follows the release of his chart-topping EP, Yellow, which is certified platinum in South Korea. KANGDANIEL’s new album also includes collaborations with some of the biggest names in K-Pop: Korean-American singer/rapper Jessi on “Don’t Tell,” sokodomo on “How We Love,” and Dbo on “Loser.”
KANGDANIEL is a South Korean singer-songwriter, actor, and MC.
KANGDANIEL was born in Busan, South Korea. In 2019, he was named an honorary ambassador for the city of Busan. Daniel’s love for music began as a b-boy and then he studied modern dance and ballet while in high school. Since his debut as a popular boy group Wanna One in 2017, he established his own independent label, Konnect Entertainment in 2019. He has continued to release diverse tracks as a solo artist started to expand his artistry with collaboration of various artists. He also appeared as the host of Mnet’s Street Woman Fighter (2021) as well as the spin-off show Street Dance Girls Fighter (2021) and made his acting debut through the Disney+ Star original series, Rookie Cops (2022). As his first comeback following the end of his series “Color trilogy”, he released his first full-length album The Story on May 24th.
- 1 million Instagram followers in the shortest time
- Korea’s Forbes influential fourth (2019) KANGDANIEL
- Ranked the first place among all K-pop idols for 157 consecutive weeks on the popular K-pop fan voting platform Idol Chart
- Idol Chart Ranking 129 consecutive weeks of most votes Debut album ‘466,701’ has been sold for the first time
- Accumulated more than 1 million in cumulative physical album sales throughout four EP albums
- Debut EP Color On Me set records for both the highest first-day and first-week physical sales for a solo artist since the chart’s inception
- Debut on Billboard’s World Digital Song Sales chart with “Paranoia”, the lead single off the third and final chapter of his “Color trilogy”, Yellow (2021)
- Yellow (2021) topped the Gaon Album chart and includes his first domestic No.1 single, “Antidote”
KANGDANIEL’s full-length album, The Story is out now on all digital music platforms worldwide via Sony Music.
- Secrets Revealed! Why is narzo 50i Prime Only 3,999 Pesos? - October 3, 2022
- Add More Creative Flair to Your Portraits with OPPO Reno8 Z 5G - October 3, 2022
- Dennis Trillo, Barbie Forteza and Julie Anne San Jose in Maria Clara at Ibarra - October 2, 2022