Nobody can ever resist the meaty, juicy, and aromatic goodness especially if it is as #MomApproved as Mekeni Picnic Hotdog. Whether you fry them, grill them, or boil them, hotdogs are such a family-friendly meal that you can serve anytime.
Not only is it tasty, Mekeni Picnic Hotdog also gives your kids the right boost that they need to do well now that they are back to school. Your kids deserve the yummiest snacks as they work on their modules or attend their online classes.
However, thinking of new ways to make snack time exciting for them can be challenging. So we round up some easy and fun #MomApproved recipes using Mekeni Picnic Hotdog!
Make the perfect corndog easily
Crispy, slightly sweet yet savory, fried corndogs are a real treat. If you have never made a corndog before, you will be surprised as to how easy it can be made. In less than 15 minutes, you can make your delicious corndogs. Check out how Mekeni does it!
- 6-8 pcs Mekeni Picnic Hotdog
- 1 liter oil (for frying)
- thick BBQ sticks or chopsticks
- tall drinking glass (narrow)
- 1 cup Japanese breadcrumbs (for coating)
For the corndog batter:
|Dry Ingredients – 1 cup all-purpose flour – 1/4 cup granulated sugar – 1/2 tsp salt – 1/2 tsp baking soda – 1 tsp baking powder||Wet Ingredients – 1 egg – 1/4 cup water – 3 tbsps. oil|
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients until well incorporated and free from lumps. Set the mixture aside until ready to use.
- Prepare the Mekeni Picnic Hotdog pieces by peeling off the casing, skewering them on BBQ sticks, and patting them dry.
- Heat the oil on a frying pan using medium heat.
- Pour the corndog batter into the drinking glass while waiting for the oil to heat up. If you do not have a narrow drinking glass, you may just dip the hotdog into the bowl and slowly spread the batter on the hotdog with a spoon.
- Pour the breadcrumbs on a plate and roll the hotdogs until fully covered.
- Slowly slide the battered hotdogs into the oil and fry until golden brown.
- Drain and place on paper towels and serve. Serve with ketchup and/or mustard.
Fuel their creativity with a bowl of sweet and savory fried rice
Time to level up your fried rice with hotdogs and pineapple! Loaded with bite-sized pineapple chunks and pieces of meaty Mekeni Picnic Hotdog, your fried rice will be just bursting with juiciness and sweetness of this combination. Here is how:
|3 pcs Mekeni Picnic Hotdog, sliced into small bits½ pc ripe pineapple8 pcs medium shrimps, peeled½ cup frozen peas½ cup frozen carrots½ cup frozen corn||6 cloves garlic, chopped3 pcs eggs, beaten6 cups cold rice/ day-old rice2 tbsp butter2 tbsp oil2 tbsp turmeric powdersalt|
- Carve out pineapple flesh carefully to keep its shape. Take the core and chop the flesh.
- Heat a large wok. Then add oil and butter.
- Sauté Mekeni Picnic Hotdog bits for two minutes; remove from oil and set aside.
- In the same oil, add shrimps, peas, corn, carrots, pineapple, and turmeric powder. Sauté until shrimps are cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice to the wok and continue sautéing until rice is warmed through.
- Create a bit of space in the wok for the egg. Cook until set and then toss with the rice and other ingredients.
- Add the Mekeni Picnic Hotdog bits back into the rice mixture.
- Remove from heat and serve the rice placed inside the hollowed pineapple.
Get their attention with your Cheesy Picnic Hotdog Croquettes
Croquettes are an all-time crowd-pleaser. Kids will surely love these crispy potato bites with oozy, melted cheese in the middle, covered in crunchy breadcrumbs. What is fun is that you can add Mekeni Picnic Hotdog to take it up a notch. All you have to do is to follow this recipe:
|Filling 5 pcs Mekeni Picnic Hotdog/ Cheesedog, diced1/2 cup cheese, diced2 tbsps. spring onion, chopped (optional)2 tbsps. parsley, chopped (optional)||Potato Dough 1 kg potatoes, cut in about 3 to 4-inch chunks2 tbsps. onion powder (optional)1 tbsps. garlic powder (optional)salt and pepper to taste|
|Other ingredients 1/2 cup flour1 large egg1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs 2 cups oil (for frying)|
- Combine all the ingredients for the filling in a bowl and set aside.
- Put the potato chunks in a pot of salted boiling water and cook for 15-20 minutes or until fork tender. Drain the potatoes well and mash in a bowl. Add the seasonings and stir until it forms a dough. Let cool to room temperature.
- Get a spoonful of the cooled potato dough and shape it on your palm. Flatten it and scoop some filling in the middle. Cover and seal the filling with more potato dough. You may form them into nuggets, balls or patties.
- For breading the croquettes, pour the flour into a bowl and season with salt and pepper, whisk the egg in another bowl, and put the breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Heat your oil in small pot at medium heat and while you are waiting, roll the shaped potatoes into flour, whisked egg, and breadcrumbs one by one. Fry in batches once the oil becomes ready. Serve golden brown and hot with your choice of dip!
With these new recipes, you get to put your creative snacking skills to use while making sure that your kids’ tummies and hearts are filled with must-try #MomApproved meals. Recreate these exciting hotdog recipes using only Mekeni Picnic Hotdog and get a chance to win Php 50,000 and many more exciting prizes when you join the Mekeni Picnic Grand Raffle Draw! To know more about the mechanics, check out Mekeni’s official Facebook page, www.facebook.com/mekeniph.
- ABB Powers the Largest Solar Plant in Luzon - December 3, 2021
- Globe Business, Third Pillar Tie Up to Elevate TechGlobal Data Center - December 3, 2021
- UnionBank Pushes For Purpose-Driven Digital Transformation - December 3, 2021