Twin Bill Theater Productions proudly presents the Asian premiere of “WIT” – the 1999 Pulitzer Prize for Drama by Margaret Edson beginning April 19 at the Trinity University of Asia, E. Rodriguez Sr., Ave. QC.
WIT (also styled as W;t) is about a woman’s slow and painful death from late stage ovarian cancer.
Directed by Steven Conde, noted actors who will portray the different roles in the play are as follows:
- Tami Monsod will essay the lead role as Prof. Vivian Bearing, a PhD literature professor of seventeenth-century poetry at the university, diagnosed with stage IV, metastatic ovarian cancer.
- Bibo Reyes plays the role of Jason Posner, MD – a clinical fellow at the Medical Oncology branch; former student of Dr. Bearing, and a current student of Dr. Kelekian.
- Mikkie Bradshaw will play the role of Susie Monahan – the truly compassionate nurse who becomes a comfort to Dr. Vivian Bearing when she finds her normal defense mechanisms useless.
- Raymund Concepcion essays the role of Dr. Harvey Kelekian – the business-like doctor and chief of medical oncology at the University Hospital who oversees the treatment of Dr. Vivian Bearing.
- Sheila Francisco will play the role of Evelyn M. Ashford, professor emerita of English literature; Vivian’s former college professor
- Francis Matheu and Jilian Ita-as plays the role of the student / technician.
The artistic and creative team of WIT are as follows: Steven Conde – Director; Vince Lim – Musical Score/ Sound Design; Kayla Teodoro – Production Design; and Joseph Matheu- Lighting Design.
The production team includes: Francis Matheu (Company Manager), Wowie Bonto (Production Manager), Patricia Dacanay (Stage Manager), Toots Tolentino (Publicity), and Christian Baluca (Marketing, Video and Photography).
WIT is produced by Twin Bill Theater which aims to produce shows that explore and challenge issues faced by today’s society. The founders led by theater professionals Joseph and Francis Matheu noted that their goals are also focused on stirring up the public’s interest to rediscover, love and preserve our historical, cultural and spiritual values through theater; and to make quality, thought-provoking productions more accessible to the non-theater going public.
The playdates of “WIT” are as follows:
- April 19 – 8 pm (Press Preview)
- April 20 – 6 pm
- April 25 – 28 – 6 pm
- April 29 – 3 pm and 8 pm
- April 30 – 8 pm
- May 2 and 3 – 8 pm
Venue: Mandel Hall, Trinity University of Asia – E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., QC
Running time: 90 minutes with no intermission
For ticket inquiries, go to Ticketworld.com.ph / 8919999
You can also contact 09167759374.
- Sasha Sloan and Charlie Puth Collabs on a New Version of “Is It Just Me?” - November 24, 2020
- Emirates Airline Foundation Highlights Works of Partner NGOs on World Children’s Day - November 24, 2020
- Beko Treats Christmas Shoppers with Promos and a Chance to Win an Appliance Showcase - November 24, 2020