A PLACE TO LIVE IN. There are so many ways we’d like to call it, but the meaning remains the same.
It is one of the basic necessities of life and without it, we are very much at a disadvantage, vulnerable and ‘naked’ – metaphorically speaking.
Here are some textbook definitions to prove that point:
- Shelter (n) – a place giving temporary protection from bad weather or danger.
- House (n) – a building for human habitation, especially one that is lived in by a family or small group of people.
- Home (n) – the place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household.
- Abode (n) – a place of residence; a house or home.
- Residence (n) – a person’s home; the place where someone lives.
Whichever way you call it, it’s still the same, right?
A roof over our heads!
Aside from the people living inside it, your HOUSE (and owning one) should be one of your top priorities.
Therefore, its foundation should be sound and the materials used are of the highest quality to ensure better protection and longevity.
Also, since the house is a reflection of the people living inside it, we have to make sure that it does project our innermost beauty. In other words, it should also be appealing or at least pleasant to look at and clean – just like our skin.
I have recently been on a plant tour in Meycauayan, Bulacan to see the production facilities of one of the industry leaders when it comes to steel roofing, insulation and various integrated architectural solutions here in the Philippines.
METALINK who has been here in the country since 2001 prides itself with developing patented designs and technologies that produces products with unmatched elegance, enhanced strength and lasting durability.
They carry some of the most sought after roofing brands available in the market today like Euro Elegance, Euro Elegance Premiere, Metacorr, EcoRib and Eco HiRib.
The ‘half-day’ tour was a real eye-opening experience for me.
I have learned a lot about the many types of metal roofing and how the designs are crucial for preventing leaks and damages as well as the new innovations that the company are introducing for the first time here in the country such as the METAKOOL enhanced long span expanded polysterene (EPS) panel and STONETILE, the first stone-coated long span metal roofing in the Philippines.
Introduced in the market barely a month ago, this patented technology offers the same lavish exterior as rustic European Tiles but with the added advantage of being more cost efficient, lightweight and impenetrable.
Crafted by integrating Metalink’s Euro Elegance Premiere roofing profile with their unique stone-coating technology, the STONETILE is produced basically through a 5-step mechanical process that starts with a rigorous raw material testing.
To ensure the product’s quality and durability, the materials are subjected to a cross-hatch test, heat insulation test, salt spray test, accelerated weathering test, impact resistance test and a couple of other simple procedures before the batch is released.
Upon approval, the batch of raw materials are then sent for roll-forming and cutting based on customized length (up to 9 meters). After which, the finished sheets are now sent for the stone-coating process.
- The roll-formed sheet is then put inside a machine that applies the base coat and adhesives.
- Continuously, the sheet passes through a section that applies the sand granules which is made of natural sand.
- It then passes through its first stage of oven baking.
- After a couple minutes of baking, the sheets then goes to another section that applies the top coat.
- The final stage of the process is another round of oven baking.
The output is currently at 120 to 150 sheets per day. Plant engineers said that as soon as they are able to polish the whole operation, they are expecting at least a 200 sheet per day output with just one machine.
Now what are the advantages of using a StoneTile roof?
First of all, it is elegant to look at. And with just the fraction of the cost of having the real deal, choosing STONETILE is really a very wise investment.
Second, it is easier to install because it’s lightweight and has a host of many other features that other stone roof tiles doesn’t have. Aside from having superior sound insulation, the STONETILE is also scratch and fade resistant, provides better resistance against corrosion and it’s leak-proof because of its patented anti-capillary design.
Lastly, it’s durable. The StoneTile is made to last for over double the lifespan of roof tiles that are currently in the market today!
For the more technical people, here are the product specifications for your appreciation:
- Base Metal: Cold Rolled Steel Annealed
- Substrate: Hot-dipped galvanized steel coils, annealed
- Top Coat: Acrylic Based with Natural Stone Coat
- Back Coat: Oil Free Polyester/Epoxy Base Thermosetting
- Standard: PNS 67 : 1987 , JIS G-3302
- Nominal Width: 1100mm
- Effective Width: 990mm
- Depth of Step in Tile: 27mm
- Available Lengths: up to 9 meters
- Minimum Roof Slope: 15 degrees
- Weight: 5.6 kilos/SQM
- Module Distance: 300mm
- Recommended Purlin Spacing: Equal to Module Distance
The StoneTile is currently available in four colors: Charcoal Gray, Pine Green, Brick Red and Coffee Brown. Priced is at 650 Pesos per SQM.
The idea behind the StoneTile was formed after Metalink engineers and chemists sat down to think of a way on how to create a stone-coated roof tile that can be very durable even at seaside locations. The process was already perfected some 15 years ago by way of manual coating by the same people who developed the STONETILE even without the proper technology for testing and mass production.
What this means is that the STONETILE has a lot of promising applications, from residential townhomes, commercial spaces and even seaside resort facilities!
According to Metalink engineers, the STONETILE is guaranteed to withstand deformation, rust and fading up to 20 years and even more. More than 20 years of stress-free living sounds like a really good investment to me!
For MORE about METALINK and their STONETILE visit www.metalink.com.ph or call their Sales and Service Hotline at (02) 3640403, (02) 3653263, (02) 3668962 loc. 117 to 126, and 0917-5322753.
- Groove All Day Long with realme BUDS Q2s - August 14, 2022
- Savoy and Belmont to Honor OFWs with New Campaign - August 13, 2022
- SB19, Parokya Ni Edgar Headlines at Acer Day 2022 Concert - August 12, 2022