HIDILYN DIAZ wins the Silver Medal for the Philippines in the Women’s 53kg Group A Weightlifting competition at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games!
Ending a 20-year Olympic Medal drought, Diaz will be bringing home the country’s first medal since the 1996 Summer Olympic games in Atlanta USA, it was boxer Onyok Velasco who brought home that honor that time.
The 25 year-old Filipino Olympian finished with a score of 200kg last Monday.
Coming up together with Hidilyn Diaz on the podium was Gold medalist Shu-Ching Hsu of Chinese Taipei and Jin Hee Yoon of Korea.
Diaz’s win is also the Philippine’s first non-boxing Olympic medal since 1936.
MORE ABOUT HIDILYN DIAZ:
- Diaz competed at the Southeast Asian Games, Asian Championship and World Championship games winning three Bronze Medals, Two Silver Medals and One Gold.
- She is the first female weightlifter to compete for the Philippines in the Olympics, and the second weightlifter overall.
- realme BAND 2 is Your New 24/7 Health and Wellness Buddy - October 23, 2021
- A Game of Solitaire To Get Us Through The Pandemic - October 23, 2021
- OPPO A55 Now Available in PH, Price Starts at 9,999 Pesos - October 22, 2021