There’s so much about Filipino-Canadian singer DARREN ESPANTO that makes me feel sad and happy at the same time!
Sad, because he reminds me of what I wanted to be when I was a little kid. Well, not the singing competition part – although that was the thing that made it all possible for him – but the music-making part of his career is something all musically-inclined person would wish to have.
I wanted all the songs that I have written produced into an album. I once dreamed of being a recording artist or even being part of a band that makes records and goes on tour everywhere. Basically, I wanted to write songs and perform – and maybe, I still do. Maybe, I will share my songs to people.. someday (as part of my bucket list). I still have all my compositions here with me – just in case. 🙂
As long as we’re still here in this world, we are all entitled to dream. (hehe)
Anyway, now DARREN ESPANTO is something else. He does not only have the talent, but he also have two other qualities that separated him from all the other dreamers out there. A vision of what he wanted to become and the determination to BE that person that he wanted!
- At age 10, he was already the youngest Top 6 Finalist of Canada’s YTV The Next Star Competition
- Darren also became the youngest artist to have came out with a 5 single records at the age of 12
- At age 12 also, and after winning second place in The Voice Kids Philippines, he was the youngest to have an ALL ORIGINAL solo album
- He was also the youngest artist in the world to have two of his songs placed as number 1 and 2 on the iTunes Chart less than 10 hours after upload
- At age 13, he was also the youngest artist to have staged a major solo concert
- He was also the youngest artist to have staged a sold-out concert at the Mall of Asia Arena
- Darren also won several awards and recognition throughout the year from various award-giving bodies like Awit Award, PMPC Star Awards for Music, MYX Music Awards, and many others
- His self-titled 8-track debut album is a certified Platinum
And this year, he’s adding a couple more to that long list of achievements.
DARREN ESPANTO will be having another major solo concert on June 25 and this time it will be staged at the Kia Theater with guests Jed Madela, Maja Salvador and G-Force.
Here he is talking about the details of the concert:
Another milestone as well is his sophomore album BE WITH ME which was released last month just in time for his 15th birthday (May 24th). The album contains 10 all original tracks and is produced under the MCA Music label.
BE WITH ME (Full Track List)
- 7 Minutes (Cimo Frankel, Jochem Fluitsma, Mark Van Tijn, Ramon Marco)
- Starlight (Amir Masoh)
- Parachute (Jeffrey Rulloda, Xavier Schmid)
- Hanggang Hi hello (Darren Espanto)
- Alam (Jungee Marcelo)
- Talking Bout Love (Kris Coutinho, Ricardo Burgust)
- My Baby & Me (Allan Eshuijs, Marco Rakascan, Maruja Retana Fransen)
- Be With Me (Kiko Salazar)
- Surrender (Jay R Sillona, Flavamatikz of Q York)
- Home (Darren Espanto)
The carrier is 7 Minutes of course which debuted at #1 on iTunes when it was released last month.
My favorites from the roster are 7 Minutes, Starlight and Home! They’re the three songs in the new album that I have connected with easily.
Darren wrote two songs in the album – “Hanggang Hi Hello” which he originally wrote when he was just 11 – Darren said that he tweaked the lyrics a little to fit his present disposition before finally releasing it in the album.
Now HOME, in my opinion, is a sign of Darren’s maturity now as an artist. It’s a sentimental song that would probably make it big on the charts when officially released.
Here he is doing an a capella of the songs 7 Minutes and Home:
BE WITH ME is out now on Spinnr, iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify and VEVO. The Physical CDs are also now available at Astroplus and Astrovision outlets. Tickets for the D TOTAL EXPERIENCE concert at Kia Theater is available at Ticketnet (Call 911-5555).
MORE Interview Vids of DARREN ESPANTO:
- Holcim Develops First Ever Water Repellent Cement - April 16, 2021
- Charli Adams Releases New Single Cheer Captain - April 16, 2021
- Samsung Offers 14-Day Trial on Galaxy S21 Series 5G - April 16, 2021