A tightly-held secret that was three years in the making, FUJIFILM unveils last Thursday (January 21) at Discovery Suites Ortigas two of their newest and most powerful premium X-Series cameras – the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 and FUJIFILM X70!
The grand Philippine launch was held a few days ahead of the Japan Launch and was facilitated by FUJIFILM Corporation President Shigehiro Nakajima, FUJIFILM Philippines President Takashi Sasaki, FUJIFILM Photo Imaging Division Head Takuya Maeda and other FUJIFILM executives who flew all the way from Tokyo, Japan.
The FUJIFILM X-Pro2 is the better version of the retro styled X-Pro1 which launched all the X-Series cameras in 2012 providing professional photographers a smaller, lighter and more powerful alternative to the DSLR. The company dubbed the campaign as the photo industry’s mirrorless revolution.
Here are the key features of the FUJIFILM X-Pro2
- A newly developed 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III sensor
- A new high-performance X Processor Pro image processing engine which is 4x faster than the EXR Processor II and all the other conventional image processing engines
- It has the world’s first Advance Hybrid Multi Viewfinder which offers the benefits of both optical and electronic viewfinders
- A focal plane shutter speed of 1/8000 and flash sync up to 1/250 – the number of focusing points was expanded to 7 x 7 for greater functionality and faster auto-focus
- A weather resistant four-piece magnesium alloy camera chassis that meets the strictest requirements of pro photographers. It is dust-proof, splash-proof and can be used in areas with temperatures as low as -10 degrees celsius
Another awesome feature of the FUJIFILM X-Pro2 is its new ACROS Film Simulation mode which produces smoother tones, deeper blacks and richer textures that are far superior to conventional monochrome modes of other camera brands. It also boast of a high ISO sensitivity performance of 12,800 which vastly increases the Xpro2’s low light shooting options.
The FUJIFILM X-Pro2 also has a dual SD Slot for added convenience and more storage.
The X-Pro2 is now available for Pre-Order with an SRP of 90,990 Pesos. Get a 35MM F2 Fujinon Lens and a FREE leather case by adding 10,990 Pesos, you get a total savings of 15,290 Pesos for the whole package.
Now the FUJIFILM X70 is said to be the smallest and lightest of all the X-Series cameras with an approximate weight of only 340 grams.
A pocket-sized wonder with an APS-C sized sensor combined with a unique Lens Modulation Optimizer (LMO) that can deliver high quality images plus a touchscreen display that rotates 180 degrees enabling the user to shoot from up high, down lows and of course, selfies!
Here are the key features of the FUJIFILM X70
- Built-in Fujinon 18.5mm F2.8 lens to shoot from macro to snapshots to landscapes – FUJIFILM also announces a wide conversion lens upgrade called WCL-X70 will be available later this year which can give the X70 camera a 21mm view instead (equivalent to 35mm)
- It is the first compact-sized X-Series camera with an APS-C sized X-Trans CMOS II sensor and EXR Processor II image processing engine – plus the unique Lens Modulation Optimizer technology that corrects various optical defects
- It has a built-in Wi-Fi for shooting from your smartphone and other devices, instant sharing and printing via the instax SHARE Smartphone Printer
The coolest feature of the X70 is probably its tilting 3-inch touchscreen monitor that can rotate up to a 180 degrees for those difficult shots and self-portraits!
The X70 will be available starting January 28 at the Photoworld Manila event and in Cebu on February 6 for a price of 36,990 Pesos.
Joining the grand launch at the Discovery Suites are FUJIFILM X-Series Photographers Xyza Cruz Bacani, Rommel Bundalian, Niko Villegas, Jan Gonzales, Lito Sy, Randall Cipriano as well as photo enthusiasts Jay Contreras of the band Kamikazee and Bianca Araneta-Elizalde who also hosted the whole event.
Aside from the X-Pro2 and X70, FUJIFILM also showcases one more new camera from the X-Series, the new FUJINON XF100-400mm F4.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Lens and super rugged Finepix XP90.
The FUJIFILM X-E2S is the latest premium mirrorless camera to join the X-Series. A real-time viewfinder in a rangefinder-style model also backed with an APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor with built-in phase detection AF and EXR Processor II image processing engine for better quality photos.
Furthermore, the X-E2S also has a comprehensive line-up of 21 FUJINON X-mount lenses, covering ultra-wide-angle to super telephoto options.
The X-E2S will be available at a price tag of 36,990 Pesos for the body – you may also order it packaged with a FUJINON 18-55mm lens at 52,990 Pesos.
The new XF100-400 is a super telephoto zoom lens that covers a 35mm focal length equivalent of 152-609mm. The high performance lens has been designed for handheld shooting with a 5.0-stop image stabilization system and weighs less than 1.4kg.
What are the key features of this lens?
- Reduced chromatic aberration to help deliver high resolution images
- Fast and quiet AF with twin linear motors
- Weather and Dust Resistant and can withstand temperature of below 10 degrees celsius
- A lens hood with polarizing filter window and lock mechanism
The FUJINON XF100-400 will be available at a price tag of 99,999 Pesos.
Lastly, FUFILM introduces the stylish and tough Finepix XP90.
The XP90 is a stylish, lightweight (203g) compact camera equipped with a high definition FUJINON lens features superior protection technology while delivering quality images.
Here are the key features of the XP90
- Waterproof (50ft/15m)
- Freezeproof (-10 degrees celsius)
- Shockproof (5.8ft/1.75m)
- High Resolution 16.4 MP BSI-CMOS sensor
- High Performance Fujinon 5x Optical Zoom 28mm Lens
- 3-inch LCD Monitor
- Wireless sharing and remote shooting features via your smartphone and other digital devices
I wasn’t able to get the price tag on this one but whatever the price, I am pretty sure that it will be worth it. Just like all the other FUJIFILM X-Series cameras.