FUJIFILM Philippines recently gathered five of the Philippines’ most talented pro photographers to share their experiences in using the FUJIFILM X Series Mirrorless Cameras.
SLRs or Single-Lens Reflex cameras have always been a tool associated with commercial and professional photography. It is the single most important criteria that differentiate a pro to the rest of the camera-loving public. When digital cameras and photo-capable mobile devices went boom, everyone thought that SLRs would become extinct but instead it has evolved into DSLRs or the digital version of a single-reflex camera.
Almost all the known brands have pioneered and embraced the new technology of combining the optics and mechanism of an SLR with digital imaging innovations. And for years, it remained to be the best choice for pro photographers. Until now!
While it’s true that it’s not the tool but the one who uses it that makes all the difference, a good non-compromising camera can bring a photographer (pro or amateur) at the top of the game. A camera that can give you all the awesome functionality of a DSLR and the convenience of a compact. This is what a Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens Camera promises photo-enthusiasts from all walks of life.
During the FUJIFILM X Series Mirrorless Revolution Event held at the Glasshouse Restaurant of New World Hotel Makati last Monday, FUJIFILM Philippines President Takashi Sasaki and Photo Imaging Division Head Takuya Maeda led the unveiling of the FUJIFILM X Series cameras and its new and lowest promo prices.
Check out the event preview here:
Here’s a summary of the discounts that will last until November 30, 2015:
- Fujifilm X-T1 – LESS 10,000 Pesos ( From 79,990 to 69,990)
- Fujifilm X-T10 – LESS 5,000 Pesos (From 40,990 to 35,990)
- Fujifilm X-E2 – LESS 12,000 Pesos (From 46,990 to 34,990)
- Fujifilm X-A2 – LESS 2,500 Pesos (From 27,990 to 25,490)
- Fujifilm X100T – LESS 5,000 Pesos (From 64,990 to 59,990)
- Fujifilm X30 – LESS 12,000 Pesos (From 31,990 to 19,990)
My favorite is the X-A2 and its LCD screen that flips up to a 175 degrees so the user can take awesome selfies too while taking macro shots, portraits and landscapes. Send or share your images via Wifi or instantly print awesome photos on paper via the Instax Share Smartphone Printer SP-1.
Aside from the promo, FUJIFILM partners with GetGo by Cebu Pacific for the I AM A JUANDERER Photo Challenge where everyone gets a chance to win a couple of X-Series cameras and an International Photowalk Adventure with FUJIFILM X Series Ambassadors.
Here’s HOW TO JOIN:
- LIKE GetGo on FB and Look for the I Am A Juanderer Photo Challenge App
- Key In details and GetGo Membership number
- Upload your Travel or Lifestyle Themed Photo
- Complete the sentence “I Travel because…”
- That’s It!
The FUJIFILM X Series Mirrorless Advantage
Mirrorless Cameras was designed not to replace DSLRs but to be the future of photography! More professional photographers even those who are skeptics at first have now switched to this new innovation. And why is that? Well here are five reasons shared to us by Digital Camera Product Specialist Glenn Gatan:
- FUJIFILM X Series Mirrorless Cameras are discreet and very quiet. Shoot candid and intimate photos without ruining the moment with a loud shutter sound. The removal of mirrors also omitted the noise caused by the moving parts inside when you press the camera.
- FUJIFILM X Series Mirrorless Cameras are smaller and lighter. A lighter camera makes for less strain on your shoulders and neck especially when you’re in an all-day photo shoot activity. The mirrors in DSLRs make up for most of its weight and size so removing it would naturally make it more light and compact. Imagine smaller bags and easily concealable cameras.
- FUJIFILM X Series Mirrorless Cameras are free from shock and blur. Again, because there are no mirrors that adds an extra shake on the unit. No vibrations means sharper and clearer pictures all the time.
- FUJIFILM X Series Mirrorless Cameras provides a real time live preview of the actual subject. With its state of the art EVF or Electronic View Finder replacing the OVF or Optical View Finder of DSLRs you can now take the perfect shot since you actually see the photo output before you shoot it. Make accurate adjustments before pressing the shutter button and presto!
- FUJIFILM X Series Mirrorless Cameras makes more accurate focusing. Light travel shorter to the camera sensor in a mirrorless camera making it many times more accurate than a DSLR when it comes to focusing.
Hosting the event last Monday is photo enthusiast and model Bianca Araneta-Elizalde. She introduced six professional photographers who have already made a switch to the FUJIFILM X Series Mirrorless Camera. They are street photographer XYZA CRUZ BACANI, street and travel photographer ROMMEL BUNDALIAN, fashion photographer NIKO VILLEGAS, commercial photographer JAN GONZALES, wedding photographer Maestro LITO SY and landscape photographer RANDALL CIPRIANO.
MORE about the FUJIFILM X Series Ambassadors experience in using the Mirrorless Cameras:
Check out some of their works with the X Series:
- 7 Small Appliances You Should Have In Your Kitchen - January 20, 2021
- Gloc 9 Macho Rap Music Video Features Celebs Benjie and Andre Paras, and Indie Actress Kat Galang - January 20, 2021
- Pandemic Posts Real Opportunity to “Tech Up Pilipinas” One Company at a Time – UnionBank Vice Chairman - January 20, 2021