“We are not business news.. we are news for business people,” said Jeremy Custance, Bloomberg Asia Pacific Head of Editorial, during the grand trade launch of Bloomberg TV Philippines held last Wednesday (August 12) at the Rizal Ballroom of the Makati Shangri-la Hotel.
Bloomberg TV Philippines will be the first 24/7 all-business channel in the country giving audiences with up-to-the-minute market readings, business news and local economy insights from some of the best business news anchors and presenters here and abroad.
The trade launch gathered some of the country’s biggest business giants and industry leaders headed by PLDT Chair Manny V. Pangilinan, TV5 President and MediaQuest CEO Noel C. Lorenzana and Manila Electric Co. President and CEO Oscar Reyes Sr.
Also present during the event were Media 5 President and COO Jane Basas, Cignal TV COO Oscar Reyes Jr., event host and TV Personality Paolo Bediones and representatives from Bloomberg Media Asia Pacific.
Bloomberg TV Philippines will offer a powerful line-up of programs which aims to deliver accurate business news and information to Filipino audiences anywhere in the country:
- FIRST UP – a morning newscast that brings viewers news and information they need to prepare for the day ahead
- TOP 5 – Bloomberg TV Philippines’ news breaks that present five most interesting stories of the hour
- STARTING GATE – a show that brings excitement to today’s market players as they wait for the stock market’s opening bell
- IN THE LOOP – an evening newscast that presents the day’s biggest stories in the Philippines, the region and beyond – discussing issues with critical analysis and insightful commentary
- SMART MOVES – a one-on-one with a leader in the private, public or civil sector, focusing on decisions toward success
- THE INSIGHT – a program that tackles the latest developments in the dynamic world of marketing – whether inbound or outbound, peddling a product or building a brand
- POLITICAL CAPITAL – an avenue that highlights politics, governance, public policy and economy and its effect on Philippine business
- BRIGHT IDEAS – a show that promotes entrepreneurship
- BLOOMBERG VIEWPOINTS – a collection of excerpts from the best interviews of the week on Bloomberg TV’s global network
Bringing to life the awesome topics and segments are eight (8) of the most credible business news anchors and presenters in the Philippines:
- Rod Nepomuceno (The Insight)
- Shawn Yao (In The Loop, Top 5, First Up)
- Tony Abad (Political Capital)
- Michael Alimurung (Bright Ideas)
- JP Ong (Starting Gate, First Up)
- Quintin Pastrana (Smart Moves, In The Loop)
- Regina Lay (Starting Gate, First Up)
- Jean De Castro
Bloomberg is a global media powerhouse with around 310 million viewers globally, as well as 16.5 million unique viewers online. Aside from getting Cignal TV’s targeted 12.5 million viewers this year, Bloomberg TV Philippines will also be available to 20 million smartphone users and 30 million Internet users in the country via www.bloombergtv.ph and on Twitter at @bloombergtvph. A Bloomberg TV Philippines mobile app will also be available for download which incorporates a stock portfolio management game from the Philippine Stock Exchange that would teach players how market trading works.
Manny V. Pangilinan (MVP) leading the ceremonial toast to Bloomberg TV Philippines:
Performing two sets of inspiring musical drama during the event are the members of Asia’s Got Talent Grand Winner, El Gamma Penumbra!
Bloomberg TV Philippines, a joint media venture of Cignal TV, News5 and Bloomberg Media is scheduled for pilot airing in September 2015 via Channel 8 SD and Channel 127 HD.
- Invest in RFO Housing at BRIA Homes Magalang in Pampanga - October 31, 2020
- 5 Rainy Day Comfort Food Available at Century Park Hotel Manila - October 31, 2020
- realme Special Bundle Promo Jumpstarts Holiday Shopping and the Season of Gift-Giving - October 31, 2020