I visited the Uratex Foam plant in Alabang, Muntinlupa two years ago. I enjoyed my last visit so much that when I was invited to join another tour at the plant last week, I immediately said yes! That, and the opportunity to shop for some new Uratex products at discounted prices.
We went to the usual areas like the Foaming, Curing, Cutting, Research and Development, and their product Showrooms. Here are some photos of the plant tour:
For more details on the Uratex Plant Tour visit RainCHECK: URATEX FIELD TRIP
Uratex has been serving the Filipino people with quality foams for 46 years already. Manufactured under the name of RGC Group of Companies, it has evolved into a multi-faceted corporation that continues to keep-up with the demands of consumers here and abroad. The company now has 15 factories located all over the Philippines, the latest of which are in Davao and Cagayan De Oro.
Let’s go down memory lane and check out the Uratex Foam’s humble beginnings in this timeline:
- 1968 – Robert Cheng establishes Polyfoam Chemical Corp and produces polyurethane foams
- 1975 – Uratex started producing foams for the automotive OEM market
- 1989 – The Uratex Plant in Muntinlupa was born
- 1993 – Uratex ventured to Evercool Radiators and Monoblocs
- 2002 – Ready-Wrap microwavable food containers was launched
- 2010 – Hennecke, a state of the art foaming facility was established at the Muntinlupa Plant
Another thing that I’ve learned during the plant tour last week is that Uratex uses different kinds of foams for there premium mattresses and other products.
- Uratex Foam – the no. 1 selling brand in the Philippines is also known as the blue foam and it has a 5 year warranty
- Permahard Foam – a medical foam and extra firm mattress also known as the yellow foam. It addresses sleepers with neck and back sensitivities to softer mattress. This foam is given a 7 year warranty.
- Comfort Plus Foam – is firmer an bouncier. Its structure can support a heavier load and a more severe use with a 10 year warranty.
- US Rubber Foam – a polyurethane foam which can be a substitute to the very expensive Latex Foam. It uses a highly resilient foam with a very lively, bouncy surface feel. Also with a 10 year warranty.
- Nuovoluxe Foam – a polyurethane foam technology that delivers superior comfort, support and durability. Also with a 10 year warranty.
My Top 5 Uratex Product Picks are:
- Uratex Orthocare Premium Mattress
- Uratex Airlite Cool Mattress
- Uratex Bio-Aire Zoned Mattress
- Therapoint High Resilient Pillow
- Uratex Neo Sofa Bed
*By the way that lady on the mattress has nothing to do with this post, I only borrowed the photos from the Uratex page as fillers – but it sure made me wanna buy that Uratex mattress she’s sitting on. It’s so firm. hehehe
- realme BAND 2 is Your New 24/7 Health and Wellness Buddy - October 23, 2021
- A Game of Solitaire To Get Us Through The Pandemic - October 23, 2021
- OPPO A55 Now Available in PH, Price Starts at 9,999 Pesos - October 22, 2021