Caritas Manila the lead social arm of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Manila (RCAM) will hold its 2nd Buy and Give Expo on November 28, 29 and 30 at the Glorietta Activity Center, Palm Drive, Makati City.
The first expo was held last year, November 29, 30 and December 1, 2013 at the TriNoma Mall in Quezon City. Here are the highlights of last year’s Buy and Give Expo:
Caritas Manila helps the livelihood of poor communities through its Social Entrepreneurship Program by encouraging entrepreneurial spirit and marketing their products. The program basically provides skills training to urban poor communities as well as the other marginalized sectors and help them become social entrepreneurs.
“Teach them how to fish and provide them the opportunities to make something from their catch.”
Currently with two Social Enterprise programs, Caritas Margins and Segunda Mana, Caritas Manila through the Buy and Give Expo 2 aims to showcase products made by social entrepreneurs and raise funds to help sustain the social enterprise and the other pro-poor programs of Caritas Manila.
Here are some of the Caritas Margins products that will be available during the Expo:
Buy and Give Expo 2 will sell products 100% made by marginalized communities in Metro Manila and provinces, such as gift items, accessories and personal care products made by urban poor families. It will also offer artworks made by residents of the New Bilibid Prison and pre-loved Segunda Mana items and inventories generously shared by the benefactors and corporate partners of Caritas Manila.
Here are some of the items I found at the main Segunda Mana store in Caritas Manila that might tickle your fancy:
Every product bought through the Buy and Give Expo enables the buyer to GIVE and SHARE in 3 ways:
- The buyer generates income for the producer from the marginalized community or sector.
- Part of the income is plowed back to Caritas Manila to sustain its pro-poor programs, specifically the Skills and Livelihood Training and the Youth Servant Leadership and Education Programs.
- The buyer gets high-quality products at friendly prices for his personal use or as gift to people he cares about.
The Caritas Manila Buy and Give Expo 2 three-day program features:
- A meet-and-greet with Caritas Manila ambassador and celebrity athlete CHRIS TIU
- The official launch of the Caritas Manila Mobile App
- A special performance from GMA Artist Dion Ignacio
- A fashion show featuring Caritas Margins items, top models and PJ Aranador
- Cooking Demo with Chef Jessie
- Musical performances from the CYO Choir and Imusicapella
- Healing Masses with Fr. Joey Faller, Fr. Anton Pascual and Fr. Soy Hernando
For more information about the Expo, call 562-0020 t0 25 local 26. You may also visit www.caritasmanila.org.ph or LIKE their Facebook page Caritas Manila, Inc. and FOLLOW them on Twitter at @CaritasManila.
- Airbnb to Award 10M USD to the World’s Craziest Spaces - June 26, 2022
- PlayPark Game Lineup Now Stronger Than Ever! - June 26, 2022
- Playpark Launchpad 2022 Intros 4 New Online Games - June 25, 2022