“This time like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Speaking of doing something good about your time, I was recently invited to the grand unveiling of the four TIMEX Fall-Winter 2014 wrist watch collections held at the CAV Wine Shop Cafe in Bonifacio High Street, Taguig last November 6 (Thursday).
I remember that the very first watch that I fell in love with was a green Timex Indiglo watch given to me as a Christmas gift in the early 90s. That watch made me feel like I was one of the cool kids back then since it was the first time that a wrist watch would light up its whole face with a bluish back light that makes it easy for those who wore it to tell time even in the dark.
Just one of the many innovation that made Timex a household name not only in America but also here in the Philippines.
Here are some historical records and facts about Timex that you might be interested in:
- Timex was founded as The Waterbury Clock Company in Waterbury, Connecticut U.S.A. in 1854
- Robert H. Ingersoll commissioned The Waterbury Clock Company to manufacture and sell the Ingersoll Yankee Pocket Watch, also known as ‘The watch that made the dollar famous.’
- Inspired by military necessity brought about by the first world war, watches moved from pocket to wrist and set a new fashion statement for wearing time pieces.
- The Waterbury Clock Company acquires Ingersoll, ties up with Disney and licensed the Mickey Mouse watch and clock collections.
- Now known as Timex, the brand introduced in the 50s a long-running torture-test advertisement to show the durability of their time pieces.
- In 1959, Timex launches an affordable and elegant Timex Ladies Wristwatches.
- Designed by top athletes the Timex Ironman Triathlon revolutionized sports timing and defined sports marketing in 1986.
- Indiglo Night Light revolutionized timepiece lighting in 1992.
- Timex today is now being powered with Intelligent Quartz Technology and introduced awesome features like the Timex Health Tracker.
Earlier this year and on the occasion of its 160th year anniversary, Timex unveiled its new Wear it Well campaign, which leverages the fact that Timex has been and will continue to be, truly timeless. Accompanying the campaign is the launching of the watch brand’s new line of products under four collections displayed at the event venue: The Timex Originals 80s Collection, The Timex Expedition Shock Collection, The Waterbury Collection and The Indiglo Collection.
Aside from the cool product display, top models walked the runway wearing some of Timex’s new time pieces:
TIMEX ORIGINALS 80s
For more about Timex Original 80s Collection CLICK HERE
TIMEX EXPEDITION SHOCK
For more about Timex Expedition Shock Collection CLICK HERE
For more about the Waterbury Collection CLICK HERE
Also present during the event is Newtrends International Corporation General Manager Mr. Avinash Uttamchandani and Timex Vice President for the Asia Markets Mr. Guglielmo Bertani. Newtrends International Corporation is the exclusive distributor of Timex since 1996.
Spotted also during the Timex event are actor-models Joseph Marco and Enchong Dee.
- 5 Ways OPPO A57 Keeps You Productive All Day, Every Day - August 9, 2022
- 50% OFF On Beko Appliances at the Lazada 8.8 Grand Voucher Sale - August 8, 2022
- The 10 Most Played Board Games of All Time - August 8, 2022