Mona Louise was known for her roles in MUNTING HEREDERA (2011), LUNA BLANCA (2012), ASO NI SAN ROQUE (2012) and BUKOD KANG PINAGPALA (2013). He also recently appeared in MAGPAKAILANMAN: THE RONALDO NIANGAR STORY (June 2013) together with Ogie Alcasid, Manilyn Reynes, Lexi Fernandez, Spanky Manikan, Jeric Gonzales, Thea Tolentino, Kaye Samson and Eva Darren.
The young actress celebrated her birthday last August 17 (Saturday) at the Institute for Studies on Diabetes in Marikina together with her GMA Artist Center family and some member of the press.
For those who don’t know yet, Mona Louise Rey was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes or Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus (T1DM) in 2011, the very same year when she started in showbiz. Last Saturday was the first time Mona met other kids who are also inflicted with the same illness that she has.
TYPE 1 Diabetes
This form of Diabetes is a result of an autoimmune abnormality that causes the destruction of insulin-producing beta cells of the pancreas thereby causing an increase of sugar in the blood and the urine. The symptoms are frequent urination, increased thirst, increase hunger and weight loss. The disease if left untreated can be fatal but can be controlled through insulin supplements which is administered through injection.
“Mas lumakas po ang loob ko ng makita ko po sila (other kids with T1DM) at ang wish ko po ngayong birthday ko ay sana gumaling na po ako sa sakit ko at lahat ng batang may Diabetes.” Mona said.
Mona Louise enjoyed playing with the other kids who attended the party. She danced to the tune PSY’s “Gentleman” and sang PINK’s “Just Give Me A Reason” together with the kiddie mascot and had her picture taken with all the other kids. The best part according to her was that she was able to eat a cup cake because it was sugar-free.
“Hindi porket may sakit tayo ay hindi na natin pwede matupad ang mga pangarap natin. Huwag lang po tayo susuko.” She said to the other kids.
After the party, we had the chance to talk to the birthday girl but the interview turned into a guessing game as the very bright and bubbly Mona gamely teased us with “Hulaan n’yo..” for every question we asked her. We ended up answering the very questions we asked and her knowing more about ourselves than we on her. hehehe
But we did get a few wonderful insights from this very strong little girl.
- Mona said that she love her mom very much and wishes her a very long life – that was her other birthday wish.
- Aside from being an ‘artista,’ Mona also wanted to be a doctor – a general practitioner.
- Her favorite subject in school is Math and she’s currently in Grade 3 at St. Monique College in Sta. Mesa
- She prefers receiving gadgets like ipads and an S4 rather than Barbie dolls – and she’s already finished with the game Candy Crush and just waiting for the update
- Mona enjoys doing her own make-up and she is fond of watching make-up tutorial videos on YouTube
- There are a lot of food that she can’t eat but she loves Steaks, Lamb Chops and Vegetables
- Her favorite color is pink and she loves shoes with heels
Here are some pictures of Mona Louise Rey with her Mom:
Mona is not doing a show for GMA right now, when asked if who among the GMA Kapuso artist she wants to be with in her next project, she said that she wants to work with MARIAN RIVERA. Well, who knows? She might get a chance to work with her sooner than we think. *wink*
And just like any other kids, she went home bringing with her some party balloons!
To MONA LOUISE REY! A Happy Happy Birthday to you and May All Your Wishes Come True! Stay Strong Always!
- New Artists Breathes New Life to Three 6Cyclemind Hits - October 31, 2020
- DepEd Shares Insights on the First Weeks of PH Education’s New Normal - October 30, 2020
- realme Buds Q and Anytime Fitness Offers Dare To Move Joint Discounts and Deals - October 28, 2020