PhilPOP or the Philippine Popular MusicFest Foundation announced last Tuesday (April 30) the twelve (12) finalists of this year’s Philippine Popular Music Festival with central theme “Your Theme, Your Genre, Your Song.”
PhilPOP Executive Director Ryan Cayabyab shares that this is the most diverse collection of entries they’ve ever had.
“I heard a lot of rock, pop, rap, hip hop, folk, R and B, balad, a sprinkling of swing and sance music. There are some attempts to do a modernized kundiman and quite a lot of novelty songs that visibly entertained the adjudicating panel. I can’t wait to hear the top 12 that this year’s special panel will present in the finals night on July 6, 2013.”
There were a total of 140 people who make up the adjudication panel. They were composed of respected industry professionals and people from the academe. The adjudication panel facilitated the 4-stage screening process.
A total of record-breaking 3,383 entries were submitted this year coming from not only here in the Philippines but in all parts of the globe. 67% of the entries were in Tagalog while 37% were in English.
Here are the PhilPOP 2013 Finalists:
- SEGUNDO by Paul Armesin
- ARAW, ULAP, LANGIT by Marlon Barnuevo
- PANSAMANTAGAL by Jungee Marcelo
- KUNG DI MAN by Johnoy Danao
- SPACE by Raffy Caligdan
- ASKAL by Gani Brown
- SANA PINATAY MO NALANG AKO by Myrus Apacible
- SOMETIMES THAT HAPPENS by Adrienne Sarmiento-Buenaventura
- DO,DO,DO by Marion Aunor
- DATI by Thyro Alfaro and Yumi Lacsamana
- SAYO NALANG AKO by Lara Maigue
- PAPEL by Joey Ayala
The winner of PhilPOP 2013 will receive a cash prize of 1 Million Pesos.
The PhilPOP Board of Directors is headed by business Tycoon Manuel V. Pangilinan with members Ricky Vargas, Ogie Alcasid, Noel Cabangon, Doy Vea, Al Panlilio, Patrick Gregorio, Randy Estrellado and Butch Jimenez.
- GoDaddy and AXN Asia’s Project GO Reveals Top 4 Picks From Hundreds of Business Pitches - November 28, 2020
- UNIQLO Blue Bay Walk is Now Open! Their 2nd Roadside Store in the Philippines - November 28, 2020
- Win Up To 50,000 Pesos Cash By Watching Your Favorite Shows on TV5 - November 28, 2020