Hosted by Idol sa Kusina’s CHEF PABLO “BOY” LOGRO.
Kusina Master will guide every viewer to a step-by-step food preparation with practical cooking tips added with special techniques in making quality and scrumptious dishes everyday.
Every week, there will be one Kapuso Celebrity who will be Chef Boy’s co-host to assist him in the preparation of palatable food for every occasion.
Each episode will be a cooking experience because Chef Boy will also have one celebrity student who will learn and discover the secrets of how to be a Kusina Master.
After each episode, Kusina Master Chef Boy will give an assignment to the viewers on what they need to prepare for the next cooking episode.
WHO IS CHEF BOY LOGRO?
Chef Boy never got to high school.
His first job was a houseboy in a Chinese Restaurant in downtown Quiapo. His salary was P50 a month.
Chef Boy worked at Astral Villa Restaurant (later to become Josephine’s Restaurant ) in Makati.
Spanish Executive Chef Antonio Cuadrado Perez of Astral Villa was his mentor.
Chef Boy worked for a restaurant in Matabungkay and then Bayview Plaza Hotel.
In 1982, worked as a sous chef at Sultan Qabass Bin Said’s Palace in Oman.
He joined Manila Diamond Hotel in 1992 as one of the sous chefs and was promoted as the first and only Filipino Executive Chef in a five-star deluxe hotel in the Philippines and the highest paid in the Restaurant and Hotel Industry with a monthly salary of 300K pesos.
Chef Boy Logro was a consultant for Gerry’s Grill.
Chef Boy Logro then created CLICKS or Chef Logro’s Institute of Culinary And Kitchen Services located in Gen. Mariano Alvarez, Cavite Philippines, now with around 150 students.
Chef Boy Logro now 56 years old, judged GMA 7’s Kitchen Superstar and hosted Idol sa Kusina.
GET IT STRAIGHT FROM CHEF BOY LOGRO:
- The tastiest and simplest dish in the world for me is and will always be “INIHAW na ISDA”
- On Discrimination: Yes, Filipino Chef’s are being discriminated every single day (below the belt ang pag discriminate) – specially like my self who never get to finish formal studies.
- If given an opportunity, it has always been my policy to grab that opportunity – my reason is that, if in 2 or 3 years that opportunity expires at least I have already capitalized and earned from it.
- On Attitude: Pick up the good things and forget the ‘non-sense’ – ‘Pag minura ka – tawanan mo lang. Napakaraming magagaling na Chef pero because of their attitude hindi sila nagiging Idol. Kung graduate ka, lalo ka dapat na maging mapag-kumbaba.”
- I dream of a unified Filipino dish – hindi yung ‘the best of pampanga’ or ‘the best of bicol’, etc. But ‘the best of Filipino’ – a signature dish that is truly Filipino.
- My secret: Prayer.
- “After how many years mawawala din tayo – ang tanong ano ang nagawa mo?”
Two newlyweds will be Chef Boy Logro’s Celebrity Co-Host for the first 10 episodes of KUSINA MASTER. Kapuso stars Jolina and Kyla.
- HADSAP Donates to Novaliches Hospital and Caritas Manila - January 27, 2021
- TikTok to Promote Filipino-Made Technologies via @pinoyscience - January 27, 2021
- Pru Life UK Announces Extended Partnership with Garmin Smartwatch - January 27, 2021