Why I didn’t do Forever Living Products?
Forever Living products or FLP is a 33 year old International Multi-Level Marketing Company operating in 149 countries all over the world distributing all natural health and wellness products.
There were a couple of reasons that became my road blocks to every invitation to do Forever Living Products here in the Philippines. I was invited to join in March of 2000 by an office mate and introduced me to the wonderful world of multi-level marketing or in layman’s term ‘networking.’ I signed-up and used the products, because the products are really good, but, I did not do the business. Well, at first, I tried. But I felt that it was just not working for me.
Here are my top three (3) reasons why I didn’t do FLP and I know that most of you can really relate to this:
1. I already have a job and I just don’t have the time.
2. The prices of the products are just so high and very hard to sell.
3. The business is just so hard to do and it was all too good to be true.
However, three Months ago, I have experienced a severe gum infection which prompted me to self-medicate. Why? Because, I really don’t want to visit a dentist and I hate tooth extractions.
So, without any medical advice, I began taking AMOXICILLIN 500 for 3 times a day for 7 days. But, it didn’t work.
Seeing the seriousness of my situation, I researched several antibiotics over the internet that might work on severe dental abscess. I then contacted via SMS a dentist friend from Alabang and asked if CO-AMOXICLAV was a good antibiotic for dental abscess and he said OK. So I took CO-AMOXICLAV for 7 days and it worked. The swelling was gone after 7 days, however, it came back after a day.
So I asked again my dentist friend If I can take another dose of the antibiotic for 7 days and he said yes and advised me to take it properly with no skips. So I did what I was told and after 7 days, the swelling stopped. Only to come back again the next day.
I have taken grand dosages of antibiotic for the last 21 days. I was not a fool to take any more synthetic drugs because I know that it will destroy my liver and my kidney.
Sad to say, I am down to my last and feared option: To set a dental appointment. I dreaded the decision and cursed synthetic drugs for letting me down.
Then, I remember that there was a product in Forever Living called the “Bee Propolis” which is an all natural powerful antibiotic. It was safe and effective to take even at higher dosages because it is natural. So I asked Tam if FLP is still active. She has no idea so I decided to go to its Greenhills Head Office in Ortigas. This is where all the trainings are done. But the office was no longer there.
I was so determined to get that bee propolis so I asked the guard if he has an idea whether FLP still holds their office here in the Philippines.
The guard then told me that they moved to another location. In front of the Greenhills Shopping Center. Only a block away from where I stand. I was so relieved. So to cut the story short, I bought a bottle of bee propolis, a tube of forever bright toothgel and aloe heat lotion for Tam. After 10 days of taking bee propolis, my tooth abscess was gone and never returned. My dental abscess never came back but somehow that experienced led me to a higher appreciation of Forever Living Products and so I came back and sat down in one of their seminars and began to see things in a different light.
One of the main thing that I’ve noticed about FLP is that they have professionalized the company. They don’t just invite people in and hype things up like before. They’ve matured. But that is not the reason why I came back. I came back because after 10 years of avoiding FLP, I have realized that what I used to believe about the business was all wrong. And for the first time questions have been answered.
1. I already have a job and I just don’t have the time. : I still have a job and for 10 years, I was in and out of different jobs and income opportunities just to make ends meet and I still don’t have the time. What changed after 10 years? NOTHING! This made me realized that if I continue the same path I’m in right now and do the same things I am doing right now, I will still end up 10 years from now with… NOTHING! Because, I did not make any changes.
– MY TIME IS DICTATED BY MY BOSS AND MY WORK. NO FREEDOM!
– MY SALARY IS FIXED. SO, EVEN IF I WORK HARDER THAN USUAL I STILL GET THE SAME AMOUNT EVERY MONTH AND GETTING THAT PROMOTION AND SALARY INCREASE WOULD TAKE YEARS AND YEARS OF WISHFUL THINKING AND KISSING BUTTS.
– MOST LIKELY, AFTER 15 – 20 YEARS OF WORKING FOR A BOSS WHO GETS TO BE RICH BECAUSE HE OWNS THE COMPANY I WORK AT, I WILL GET A COMPANY CERTIFICATE AND A RETIREMENT BENEFIT THAT WOULD ALLOW ME TO PAY MOST OF THE DEBTS I HAVE INCURRED DURING MY STAY AT HIS COMPANY. CONGRATULATIONS TO ME BECAUSE I WILL HAVE THE PEACE OF MIND OF LEAVING MY KIDS WITH JUST A THIRD OF MY DEBTS TO PAY AS AN INHERITANCE.
I came back because for the first time, I stopped thinking about my own security and other selfish reasons. I came back because I saw my children’s future – and I will never entrust the future of my kids to someone else and feared the thought of leaving them with nothing. I saw that it was not yet too late, and that I can still do this if I just put my heart in it. You know what happened, miraculously, after deciding that I will do Forever Living whatever it takes, I now have TIME.
2. The prices of the products are just too high and very hard to sell. That was my line of thinking before. But you see I was so focused then on the price of each product that I failed to notice the important details:
THE BENEFITS. When you’re so focused on the price list you never see the benefits. I have asked myself and other people ‘what is more important than health’ and people would answer ‘nothing is more important than health’. If that is the case, then why are we still sacrificing quality just to get products that are not only ineffective but dangerous too, just to appease ourselves that we have bought something cheap. This is so loco. And I too am guilty of doing that because we always base our desires with our current spending capacity. Imagine falling in love with the woman of your dreams who resides in Cebu but settling to court the woman just near your place just because your current budget won’t get you to Cebu? Wouldn’t you fight for the woman of your dreams? Don’t settle for anything less than what you think is the best.
THE REAL SCORE. Before buying a product, don’t just look at its price. Read the labels and check all the ingredients. What I did after deciding to do FLP again was check all the products and its ingredients and made a research about each product on the internet. After doing that, I looked at the price again and the price was really not a factor after all. For example, if you’re going to take FOREVER FIELDS OF GREEN 3 x day which gives you the health benefits of eating a healthy bunch of fruits and vegetables 5 x a day minus the preparation, marketing and storage. Compare the cost of 5 servings of healthy and organic fruits and vegetables and you’ll find out that you’re getting a much better deal.
3. The business is just so hard to do and it was all too good to be true. One of the main reason I quit doing FLP 10 years ago was the thought that I will be able to make a large amount of money in distribution is just too good to be true. It was so hard to believe that ordinary people have a chance to become millionaires through distribution, plus the fact that friends tried to discourage me by saying that I will only make those who was there before me richer and ran out of people to distribute products and invite to do the business with, because it will all be saturated.
Let me tell you some of the things that I just discovered:
FLP is a legitimate company that uses MLM or Multi-Level Marketing as way to distribute their products. They’re vertically integrated meaning, they manufacture and distribute their own products. They don’t get it from other suppliers. They operate in 149 countries and they have been operating here in the Philippines since 1991. Debt-Free and Lawsuit-Free plus a Hall of Fame Awardee of the Consumers Union of the Philippines. They have thousands of proven testimonies of distributors who have earned and are still earning 6 – 7 digits of monthly income and getting all the incentives and their dreams.
I mentioned this because, if you are going to entrust your career, invest your time and effort to something, wouldn’t you want to entrust it to something that has a tougher backbone. Something with some proven technology and something that offers you an equal opportunity to get what you want if you’re just willing to work for it?
Now ask yourself, where are you investing your time and all your efforts? Who are you entrusting your career right now? What is your career path there? In 40 years of back breaking 8-10 hours of work every day without freedom of time and having to cope with bosses, what will you be? What will you have?
10 years I have ignored FLP and I ended up with still the same condition that I was in as before. Still struggling. And now, here’s a chance to change my fate and I will take that chance, work hard as I have always been and write a different and more successful story 10 years from now.
In FLP, you write your own income, commensurate to your effort. It’s not fixed, and it is unlimited. The harder you work the more you get. It’s a fair business. What’s even great is that because it incorporates team marketing, you will never be alone. And you’ll find out that after investing in people and building your team during the first year, work becomes easier but the income will be bigger.
Who cares if other people gets even richer because I am doing FLP right now, I just realized that all employees are doing the same thing. Making their bosses richer. The sad thing about being an employee is that when your bosses gets richer you don’t. In FLP, other people are richer because you’re becoming rich as well, and those people at the top will owe you. They will take care of you and appreciate you every step of the way unlike bosses in traditional companies who will work you to death and poverty.
In FLP, when you help other people get what they want, YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU WANT. This is the company philosophy that makes Forever Living Products truly the GREATEST OPPORTUNITY IN THE WORLD.
Opportunity never knocks twice, after slamming my door to it – I am now ready to go looking for it. I am ready.
- Teejay Marquez, Devon Seron Bag Major Acting Awards - August 18, 2022
- Acer Launches Windows 11 SE Tester at OB Montessori - August 18, 2022
- Earn Shipping Credits When You Ship via DHL Express - August 18, 2022