More than the boyish charm and the awesome hot abs, which is the envy of a lot of the male populace and the dream of a lot of female fans, ALJUR ABRENICA shows his singer-performer side this coming November 7 on his first Music Museum gig and second concert to date.
COME AND GET ME is produced by GMA and PPL Productions and will be held at the Music Museum.
During a special blog conference and concert preview held at the Congo Grille in Tomas Morato, ALJUR said that COME AND GET ME will be different from the last one and all the other acts that he has done before because it’s going to be made up of strings of well-crafted performances and production numbers – and not just the usual sing and dance numbers. He added that there will be lots of surprises.
But of course, stripping down and showing that wonderful abs of him is already a given – and that’s why the concert is called COME AND GET ME. The question is when and how. But beyond that, the 23 years old former StarStruck winner said, that the concert will showcase his talent as a musician and a total performer.
ALJUR gave us a sample of what to expect during the concert with his acoustic rendition of the Maroon 5 song – DAYLIGHT:
Real-life love interest Kylie is still not sure to attend but the young actor said that he will be delighted if the actress will come to the concert.
Here are 10 Things about ALJUR ABRENICA that will make all the ladies out there to really come and get him:
- What people didn’t know is that Aljur came from a family of musicians and music-lovers. His first love was music and not acting. And what he really dream of other than being an actor is to become a successful musician (singer-performer) someday.
- His first taste of the musical stage is when he sang Rico J Puno’s ‘Macho Gwapito’ in a high school popularity contest called Mr. Don Bosco Academy (Mister DBA) when he was just 13. After that he started exploring music – singing, playing the guitar, learned to play the drums and even joined a band.
- Aljur also writes songs. He start by writing poems or the lyrics of the songs followed by the melody. But he admits that his weakest point in the whole song-writing process is applying the melody.
- Aljur will come out with a new album by early 2014 under MCA Music. It will have around 8 to 10 tracks and already have 2 songs finalized.
- His musical preferences right now are mostly Bruno Mars and Maroon 5 songs but he also never gets tired of singing Bon Jovi and Harem Scarem songs. He also admires local singer-performers Gary Valenciano, Gloc9 and Yael Yuzon of SpongeCola.
- Aljur also dream of meeting and performing with American Nickolodeon Actress-Singer ARIANA GRANDE (The Way/Put Your Hearts Up).
- Aljur’s hidden talent according to people who knew him well is his ability to learn fast. He said that he discovered all his talents unplanned and by accident – aside from rediscovering his passion for music he is also into motor racing right now.
- Aljur plans to take his music career to the next level and GMA Artist Center is helping him to achieve it by hooking him to musical theater productions as a training ground.
- Two or Five years from now, Aljur said that he will be sexier. He will be more successful and more accomplished as an actor and a musician.
- BAKIT GANOON is an original composition written by Aljur’s dad and is one of the songs being considered as part of the tracks in his upcoming album with MCA.
Here’s Aljur singing live his father’s original song BAKIT GANOON: