Sweet 16 BEA
BEA BINENE or Beanca Marie Landero Binene in real life turned sweet 16 last November 4.
It was a month-long birthday celebration for BEA which started with a surprise birthday visit from fellow tween stars a day before her actual birthday. The following day, to celebrate her birthday more meaningfully, she gave a simple lunch and party for young cancer patients with the help of GMA Kapuso Foundation.
On November 9, BEA launched her 3rd studio PolyEast album DITO SA PUSO KO at the Activity Center of Harrison Plaza.
And just last Wednesday (November 13), her family at the GMA Artist Center gave her an awesome post-birthday blowout at the Crowne Plaza Hotel graced by family, fans, non-showbiz friends, friends from GMA, friends from the media and all her sponsors.
BEA made her entrance at the Ruby Ballroom of the Crowne Plaza Hotel escorted by JAKE VARGAS and greeted by showbiz friends BARBIE FORTEZA, JOYCE CHING, KRYSTAL REYES, YASSI PRESSMAN, YNNA ASISTIO and LOUISE DELOS REYES.
Yassi, Krystal, Bea, Jake, Barbie and Joyce
Also present are former GMA Artist Center exec ARSI BALTAZAR, Talent Management Manager TRACY GARCIA, AVP of GMA Artist Center SIMOUN FERRER, GMA Films President ANNETTE GOZON-ABROGAR and VP for Program Management JOEY ABACAN.
(Top) Arsi Baltazar, Joey Abacan, Simoun Ferrer, Ynna Asistio, Jake Vargas (Seated) Tracy Garcia, Yassi Pressman, Barbie Forteza, Joyce Ching and Krystal Reyes
This very talented young lady started her career in showbiz as one of the finalists of the GMA kiddie talent search show STARSTRUCK KIDS and has transformed herself to become one of the most bankable young celebrities today with quite a number of brand endorsements. I mean, just look at the number of cakes delivered during her birthday event last Wednesday – but BEA admits that she don’t eat cakes no matter how tempting it looks.
BEA mentioned 16 memorable life events during the special program prepared by the GMA Artist Center and I listed down 10 things that she’s very much grateful for:
- For having the most loving family (Teary-eyed Tita Carina, Bea’s mom, shared her birthday wish and message to her 16 year-old daughter during the event)
- For being a Starstruck Kid Finalist (giving her the boost of confidence)
- For her reporting stint at the GMA News and Public Affairs (she loved her experience so much that she has already decided to pursue journalism/Masscom in college and make News reporting as a second career)
- For WuShu (the one sport that she fell in love with)
- For her idols in the business – Vic Sotto, Mel Tianco and Arnold Clavio)
- For a shot to being a recording artist with PolyEast Records (she already has 3 albums to date: 1) Hey It’s Me, BEA!, 2) Hey It’s Me, BEA! (Christmas Edition), and 3) DITO SA PUSO KO
- For her 9 years in the entertainment industry
- For the love and support of all her FANS
- For the opportunity to help others through the foundations that she supports including the GMA Kapuso Foundation
- For the guidance of the GMA Artist Center and her handler Ms. Jenna
BEA’s birthday celebration at the Crowne Plaza became so much more meaningful when a little girl from the Make A Wish Foundation came to meet and talk to her idol in person. Bea granted her wish for a ‘tablet’ and said that more than the opportunity to give, “the smile on this little girl’s face is PRICELESS.”
Bea with her new special friend from the Make a Wish Foundation
Another great news was announced later in the program, as an answer to BEA’s call for support to the victims of super typhoon Yolanda, one of the brand that she endorses – Tony & Jackey Salon, awarded 200,000 pesos to BEA as a special gift from them to the young actress so that she can in turn give it to the GMA Kapuso Foundation to help the relief operation efforts for the Yolanda victims.
200k for Yolanda Victims from Bea and Tony & Jackey Salon
BEA thanked all the people who attended the event and those who supported her and loved her through all the 16 years of her life.
Quite noticeable is the absence of friend KEN CHAN in BEA’s birthday celebration and the all too visible presence of former ‘special friend’ JAKE VARGAS in all of these events including that controversial album launch. BEA and JAKE had a fall out early this year but now slowly but surely the two are now much closer to coming back to a ‘special friend’ status once again.
Here is JAKE VARGAS serenading the birthday girl:
When asked about her dream acting projects, BEA mentioned that what she really wanted is to do action. She wanted to be like ANGELINA JOLIE in Salt. So that’s going to be something that we’ll have to wait for.
16 is such a sweet number and even more sweeter if you’re BEA BINENE! Happy Birthday and may all your dreams come true!