Did you know that you can Cash-In to your GCash account via your linked Visa and MasterCard bank cards?
This option is made available to all card users for quick fund transfers whenever and wherever for a convenience fee of 2.58% of the total amount to be cashed in beginning July 6, 2020. This means that when you cash-in 100 Pesos to your GCash wallet, the total amount that will be charged to your card is going to be 102.58 Pesos. These are pass-on fees by GCash’s card payment partners.
GCash does not earn from the 2.58% convenience fee and all fees collected will go directly to the card payment partners of GCash.
The fee however is still lower than other mobile wallets, which charge a flat rate of 30 Pesos for cash-in transactions below 1,000 Pesos.
Now there are other ways to Cash-In to GCash that are absolutely FREE! You may choose to link your BPI or UnionBank accounts for seamless realtime cash transfers. Or Cash-In for FREE via a bank app or a website that is powered by InstaPay.
The most convenient by far is by directly linking your BPI and UnionBank bank account to GCash so you can cash in anytime and anywhere with zero charges. Here’s how:
Log on to the GCash App, and click the menu on the upper left of the screen. Tap on My Linked Accounts.
Select BPI or UnionBank and input your Username and Password. Once linking is successful, you will now be able to add funds from your bank account to your GCash wallet.
Here’s how to Cash-In using your linked bank accounts:
- Select ‘Cash In’ on the dashboard. Then, under the Online Banking tab, select ‘BPI’ or ‘UnionBank.’
- Enter the amount you wish to add to your wallet. Then, tap on which Savings or Checking account to cash-in from. When you tap next, confirm the amount for cash-in.
- BPI or UnionBank will send an authentication code to your registered mobile number for security purposes. Select Send Code, then input the Authentication Code when you receive the SMS.
- Once submitted, you will see the confirmation screen for having successfully cashed in through BPI or UnionBank. This should reflect immediately on your GCash dashboard. You will also receive an email and confirmation text of your Bank to GCash transaction.
Now even if you don’t have a linked bank account, you can still cash-in for free via your bank’s app/website as long as it’s supported by instapay. Here’s a list of the banks powered by Instapay:
- BPI (Mobile App)
- Eastwest Bank
- PS Bank
GCash as the leading e-wallet in the Philippines continues to provide its millions of users nationwide with the safest and most convenient way to do various cashless transactions.
With over 70,000 merchant partners nationwide and multiple value added services such as Send Money, Pay Bills, GCredit, GSave, and GInvest, GCash remains to be the most competitive mobile wallet in the market today, with or without the passed-on charges.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- Ayala Foundation’s Project BuyAni To Help 10,000 Filipino Families and Local Farmers - August 10, 2020
- GoDaddy and AXN Launches Project GO, a New Reality Show for Aspiring Filipino Entrepreneurs - August 8, 2020
- Boyband Love | The Much-Awaited New BL Digital Series is Coming This September - August 8, 2020