Century Park Hotel Manila recently hosted the very festive Miss Earth 2019 National Costume Competition at its Grand Ballroom.
More than 300 guests witnessed a visual spectacle of colors as over 90 delegates from various countries proudly displayed their national costumes for everyone to enjoy. The competition is one of the most-anticipated and most celebratory pre-pageant contests. Relevant environmental issues like forest fires, recycling and climate change were integrated in the costumes.
Former Miss Earth winners (L-R) Miss Angelia Ong (2015), Miss Nguyễn Phương Khánh (2018) and Miss Karen Ibasco (2017) graced the affair and awarded the medals to the winners.
The event was made possible in cooperation with Carousel Productions, Inc., the official organizer of Miss Earth. Guests from the government sectors as well as ambassadors from different countries were also in full attendance.
The winners in Best National Costumes per region were as follows:
- Gold – Kenya, Ms. Susan Kirui
- Silver – Zambia, Ms. Venus Vlahakis
- Bronze – Nigeria, Ms. Modupe Susan Garlan
Asia and Oceania
- Gold – Mongolia, Ms. Azzaya Tsogt-Ochir
- Silver – Philippines, Ms. Janelle Tee
- Bronze – Vietnam, Ms. Hoàng Thi Hanh
- Gold – Chile, Ms. Fernanda Mendez Tapia
- Silver – Panama, Ms. Marianna Fuentes
- Bronze – Peru, Ms. Alexandra Caceres Drago
- Gold – Spain, Ms. Sonia Hernandez
- Silver – Czech Republic, Ms. Klara Vavruskova
- Bronze – Crimea, Ms. Anastasia Lebediuk
The international pageant will be held on October 26, 2018 at Cove Manila at Okada, Manila.