So you have downloaded GCash on your mobile device, what’s next?
Get your account verified to unlock the many wonderful features of the app like Send Money, Save Money, Invest Money and GCredit.
Of course you can always use a registered GCash app without getting fully verified to purchase load and pay bills but there’s really more to the app than just cashing in and using it to pay for stuff.
It’s the money transfer that really gives me the kick because it’s fast, hassle-free and free of charge. With just one push of a button, you can send or receive money, anytime, anywhere.
It’s so convenient and it allows you to do other things instead of queueing up in a bank or travelling to the nearest money transfer outlets. What’s more, I don’t have to pay for bank charges or money transfer fees.
The banks I’ve used in the past have started charging not just for transferring money to out-of-town branches, but even for money transfers to any unregistered accounts. Those P15 or P50 charges can add up, and before you know it, you’ve spent over a thousand just on money transfer charges.
With GCash, you don’t have to worry about fees when sending money. It offers the same convenience, security and real-time effect as online apps.
GCash has indeed gone a long way from just being a mobile wallet. In the last five years, this awesome mobile tool has introduced a lot of great innovations that has reshaped the way we handle our finances, all of which are accessible by getting your GCash app fully verified.
Aside from sending money, I use my GCash App to pay bills, buy load and make in-store or online purchases.
There are three ways to get your GCash account fully verified:
- Go to the GCash Messenger, apply and follow the verification instructions.
- Visit any GCash partner outlet (including Globe Stores, Villarica Pawnshops, and Tambunting Pawnshops) and apply.
- Open the GCash app, click on any of the access points below to trigger the verification process and follow the on-screen instructions:
- Send Money
- Manage Credit
- Invest Money
To get fully verified, present a government-issued ID. Failure to present a valid ID won’t get your GCash account fully verified but you can still have it “Partially Verified” with a selfie and some personal information.
While you get access to some of the features and rewards, partially verified accounts will have lower spending limits and won’t have access to all the new services of GCash such as:
- Cash-In through Debit Cards and Online Banking
- International Remittance
- Invest Money
Fully verified accounts will have access to all products and services of GCash while also enabling you to spend up to PHP 100,000 per month.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- Jeric Gonzales and Klea Pineda Pairs Again in MAGKAAGAW Drama Series - October 12, 2019
- Central Luzon Expo Investment Forum to Feature LGU Heads and Top Industry Leaders - October 12, 2019
- 66,000 Sacks of Rice Distributed by World Vision to Marawi Crisis-Affected Families - October 12, 2019