After the success of its Turnover Fair held last year at the SMX Convention Centre in SM Aura Premier, SM Home takes the activity a notch higher by launching its very first SM Home Fair at a bigger venue in SMX Convention Centre Mall of Asia.
The three-day event scheduled this weekend (June 28 to 30) features around 60 brands and offers up to 60% discount on selected new and hard-to-find home accessories to shoppers.
The best part is this event is FREE and open to the public – so go ahead and shop to your hearts desire!
During the launch last Friday, SM Home AVP for Marketing Tom Castaneda said that the event will also feature a lot of different activities and talks facilitated by around 20 experts sharing hacks which includes celebrity chefs, interior designers and a certified KonMari consultant.
Joining Castaneda at the launch event are noted interior designer and editor Rachelle Medina and architect Arlene Maslog.
Medina suggests that shoppers go for the big ticket items and splurge on home items that they will be using most often like beds, mattresses, sofas, and basic appliances such as ref and gas range.
Your “save for later” items might include decors or other glam appliances.
Celebs Tessa Prieto-Valdes and the Kramers dropped by yesterday afternoon for a meet-and-greet inside the venue.
“SM Home has always been more than just a ubiquitous home store with unbeatable prices on a wide range of home items. We’ve always strived to have our customers think of SM Home as a partner in making their house a home,” shared Castaneda, “That’s why this year we decided to take the store on the road, so to speak, at the SMX Convention Center MOA, and offer three jam-packed days of activities to help more people make their houses, apartments or condos homes.”
For your appreciation, here’s a list of all the experts that will be present during the 3-day event:
- Issa Guico Reyes “Organizing Workshop”
- Christine Dychiao “KonMari Workshop”
- Chef Nancy Reyes-Lumen “Family Reunion Dishes”
- Chef Jonas Ng “Claypot Cooking Reinvented”
- Lloyd Eric Lim “Brewing Workshop”
- Grace Moslares “Best Color and Paint Ideas for Small Spaces”
- Chef Jion Red Ona “Quick and Easy Cooking”
- Chefs Avery Manaloto, Irene Fernandez and Barista Dan Wico
- Chef Deejay Santos “Healthy Cooking”
- Chef Gene Gonzalez “Professional Culinary Techniques for the Home”
- Chef Kei San “Japanese Cooking in a Snap”
- Chef Reggie Aspiras “Cooking Made Easy”
- Arnel Bascara
- Mary Lagdameo “Healthy Slumber”
- Erika Uichanco-Villanueva “Color Theory and Color Trends”
- Chef Arlene Clemente “Sustainable Plants”
- Barista Ernesto Mesina, Jr. “Be a Home Barista”
- Chef Ave Bayle “Tin can Flower Cake”
- Chef Loida “Dang” Arias
For additional inspiration, SM Home turned the venue into an incredible show house for the entire weekend with creatively executed booth spaces, special pop-up vignettes and stylish photo booths.
“From the moment attendees reached the registration area for the SM Home Fair, we wanted to have design inspiration waiting for them,” explained Castaneda. “Along with our own special pop-up vignettes, we asked all participating brands to spruce up their booth spaces in stylish ways, as a way of inspiring people to say ‘Hey, I think I know how I can do something like that at home.’”
Participating brands includes:
- Carpet World
- Living Essentials
- Ambassador Bed
- King Koil
- Family Home
- Select Comfort
- Aqua Dry
- Scent Chips
- Carroll & Chan
- Klean Kanteen
- Tefal Appliances
- Saeco Gaggia
- Sterilite Casscade
- Garden Barn
- Murphy Richards
- World Class
My favorite booth was the one from Mr.Big with it’s stand-out huge pillow roof and that huge bed from Select Comfort.
Castaneda said that there’s a big possibility that the SM Home Fair will turn into an annual event but for now you can still avail of this year’s biggest showcase of the latest and most popular home products until Sunday – January 30.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- 4 Ways to Achieve Lighter Skin in 2020 - February 21, 2020
- BTS Debuts the New Album Title Track “ON” Exclusively on TikTok - February 21, 2020
- Meralco Power Rates Further Drops in February 2020 - February 21, 2020