ProPak, the biggest international processing and packaging trade event in Asia, comes to the Philippines for the first time.
Slated on January 24-26, at the World Trade Center Manila, ProPak Philippines will be the first-of-its-kind food, drink, and pharmaceutical-focused international trade exhibition in the country, in response to the rapidly expanding processing and packaging industries, and government initiatives to encourage the growth of local industries.
More than a hundred local and international exhibitors representing the manufacturing and packaging sectors, including food processing, quality control, machinery and automation, bottling, brewing, waste management, food safety, and many more.
The latest industry developments, trends and techniques in supply chain management and innovation, food, drink, and pharmaceutical processing and packaging methods will be presented in seminars during the three-day event.
Here are the schedules:
- “Safety & Quality Requirements of Packed Food Products,” 3:30-6 p.m., by Engr. Menandro Ortego, consultant ALAFOP
- “Packaging Technology & Innovations” on appropriate packaging material for different products, 11 a.m.-6 p.m., by Daisy Tañafranca, DOST – ITDI
- “Mandatory Label Requirements for the Philippines and the World’’ to help MSMEs in complying with relevant regulations for product packaging and labelling, 3:30 p.m., by Engr. Menandro Ortego
- “Paper Packaging – Technical Considerations” on global paper trends and bring home some packaging secrets from Fedrigoni of Italy, 1 p.m., by Kevin Valero of Fedrigoni Asia
- “Package Printing” on about the different kinds of package printing and their applications, 2 p.m., by Marites Liwanag and George Lora of Philippine Printing Technical Foundation
- “Packaging Design that Trends: How to Pack” for MSMEs and how to develop their product packaging to align with prevalent market and design trends, 3 p.m., by Third Domingo or Ideas Ex Machina
- “Packaging for Business Expansion,” a presentation of different requirements of major international markets (e.g. European Union, United States, Middle East, etc), 10 a.m., by the Export Marketing Bureau
- “Packaging for Business Expansion,” on recent developments in international product packaging such as edible packaging and other innovations, 11 a.m., by Clarke Nebrao, ALAFOP, PIP & TNV
- “FDA Requirements for the Processed Food and Non-Food Industries,” at 11 a.m., by the Food and Drug Administration
- “The Power of Digital Packaging Transformation” on the benefit of digital printing methods over traditional printing, 1 p.m., by Ivy Tamisin and Eugene Marquez, HP Inc
- “Value of Branding & Brand Identity,” 3:30 p.m., by Sherill Quintana of ORYSPA
- “Green & Eco-Friendly Packaging” on how to reduce, reuse, and recycle and create awareness in protecting the environment through packaging, 4:30 p.m., by Wilhelmina Garcia or JunkNot
- “Online Shopping: Disrupting Product Packaging” on e-commerce and online shopping, and how businesses can take advantage of the growing demand by adopting product packaging improvements, 2:30 p.m. by Stefano Paolo Bunag, PIP President & Creative Director, Design Systemat
- “Packaging Wastes and the Environment” on the impact of the prevalent single-use packaging and means to mitigate its effects, 3 p.m., by Crispian Lao, Chairman, Philippine Alliance for Recycling and Materials Sustainability (PARMS)
- “PET Recycling & Its Developments” on the latest in polyethylene terephthalate (PET) recycling process, 4 p.m., by Rodel Espinosa of Krones Filipinas Inc
- “Barcoding in Packaging”, 5 p.m., by Dr. Joseph Jocson, GS1 Director & PIP outgoing president
ProPak Philippines is supported by the DTI, the Packaging Institute of the Philippines, the Dairy Confederation of the Philippines, the Production Management Association of the Philippines, the Philippine Printing Technical Foundation, the Association of Laguna Food Processors Inc., the Philippine Association of Food Technologists Inc., and other allied industries and associations.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- ALIF Party-List and TPC To Prioritize Livelihood for Indigenous People in PH - April 22, 2019
- Gabbi Garcia Launches Own Fragrance Brand – HKT Fragrances - April 22, 2019
- BDO Receives 14th Asia’s Icon on Corporate Governance Award - April 17, 2019