In the wake of the sad announcement of songbird Regine Velasquez-Alcasid’s transfer to the Kapamilya Network, GMA Artist Center signed in The Clash grand champion Golden Canedo and 15 other “clashers” to its pool of singer-performers.
THE CLASH, a GMA Network reality-talent show that ran from July to October this year, has hailed Golden as the show’s ultimate grand champion. She formally signed in with the Kapuso Network last week together with the other five finalists – Jong Madaliday, Garrett Bolden, Josh Adornado, Mirriam Manalo and Anthony Rosaldo.
It can be remembered that the show was hosted by Asia’s Songbird herself and so “The Clash” therefore is Regine’s last show with GMA Network, her home network for two decades.
Regine Velasquez, more than the show’s host, is likened to be one of the greatest mentor for musical prodigies in the local entertainment industry like:
- Sarah G (Star For A Night)
- Angeline Quinto (Star For A Night)
- Mark Bautista (Star For A Night)
- Jonalyn Viray (Pinoy Pop Superstar)
- Aicelle Santos (Pinoy Pop Superstar)
- Maricris Garcia (Pinoy Pop Superstar)
- Rachelle Ann Go (Search For A Star)
- Francheska Farr (Are You The Next Big Star)
- Hannah Precillas (Bet Ng Bayan)
In fact, The Clash Grand Champion is being compared to Sarah Geronimo (both in look and talent) when she was just starting in the industry.
Here’s a video of our interview with Golden Canedo during the contract signing event:
The competition continues for all the “Clashers” as they will be given equal opportunity to show what they got this time on a bigger stage as they will try to prove their mantle and hone their talents as a full-fledged GMA artist.
It will be even more difficult since as far as track records are concern, only one or two artists usually emerges from the whole roster of initially signed artists that came from talent shows.
Here are our interview with the other five The Clash finalists:
As far as talents are concern, they are definitely formidable. Check out their samples:
Joining Golden and the finalists are 10 other “Clashers” selected based on their ranking, popularity andof course, talents. They are Danielle Ozaraga, Esterlina Olmedo, Kyryll Ugdiman, Lyra Micolob, Melbelline Caluag, Mika Gorospe, Jasmine Fitsgerald, Bryan Chong, Murielle Lomadilla and Psalms David.
Here are videos of our interview with the lucky 10 clashers:
GMA Network may have lost Asia’s Songbird this year but they gained 15 more new singer-performers. Only time will tell if ONE (or two) will emerge to take the throne that was left vacant in her leave.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- RealMe 3 Launched in PH at 6,990 Pesos SRP – FULL SPECS and FEATURES - March 21, 2019
- A Summer Music Shindig at Chateau Royale Hotel Resort and Spa Batangas - March 19, 2019
- Amaia Launches First Town House Project in Imus, Cavite – VERMOSA - March 19, 2019