Originally created as a mobile messaging app in 2011, Piip was re-engineered from the ground up in 2016 as a next-generation instant messaging and business promotion app that aims to provide end users a seamless, safe and easy way to get in touch with shops, receive promotions from merchants and discover new ones via geo-targetting and other preferences.
In 2017, Piip was launched in Mega Manila with the Araneta Group as its launch partner along with its over 400+ brands across all merchant types and categories.
Now what are the advantages of using the app?
Last Wednesday (July 4), Piip held its 2nd app promotion event via the exclusive block screening of Ant-Man and the Wasp at the Cinema 9 of the Gateway Cineplex for loyal Piipsters. Everyone who downloaded the app got a chance to book tickets to the first-day block screening of the film for 150 Pesos only!
At the media event prior to the screening, we were able to meet the cool people behind Piip here in the Philippines led by Hildegarde Maea Atger, the Vice President for Business Development, Asia Pacific and Chief Investor, Piip Mobile AG, Andrei Garlan, Development Director, Piip Mobile Philippines and Ian Atienza, Strategic Advisor, Piip Mobile Philippines.
The three execs answered questions from the media and elaborated the many advantages of using Piip. Here are some of the things they highlighted during the short forum:
- Free to download via iOS and Android
- Chat with friends on Piip (attached images, emoticons and location)
- Chat directly with merchants
- Geotargeted promotions, discover deals around you through filters and map view
- Promos and chat in one app
- Share deals and promos on other social media app
For future expansion, they’ll be rolling out more merchants and locations as well as provide a more user-friendly mobile innovations to refine searches based on categories and other tools.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- KARA MIA | Two Heads Are Better Than One – Creepy, But Better! - February 18, 2019
- LIFE INSURANCE IS LOVE - February 16, 2019
- Swiss Collector Unveils a Collection of Rare Filipino Tribal and Abstract Art Pieces - February 16, 2019