WHAT IS ALL THE FUSS ABOUT VALENTINE’S DAY?
To shoot the arrow straight to the heart and spare you from all the history and myth lessons, V-day is an annual celebration of LOVE – anything that has anything to do with the word L-O-V-E is on spotlight during this day and in fact during the whole month of February, that’s why it’s called the month of hearts.
During this day, we celebrate the wonders of love in all its forms: selfless love, romantic love, family love, love for friends, love of self, etc. – so anybody who has ever felt that warm sensation inside your chest that’s not heartburn – this day is for you.
But LOVE is more than just a word. It’s more than just a feeling like that old 70s tune used to say over and over again. It’s a VERB – an action word. To LOVE is to show LOVE. And that’s actually where most relationship fails, people only think of love as just a feeling and then they fall short on the action part.
Most of us are guilty of this cruel crime deserving of incarceration but you see everybody deserves a second chance and SM Supermalls is going to help us this year to make up for our sins.
I attended an event last Thursday held at the SM MAAX building near the SM Mall of Asia. It was the launch of SM Supermalls’ Valentine’s Day themed events, promos and activities. And during the panel discussion, media guests were treated to some love tips from Ms. Maribel Sison Dionisio, a well-known relationship and parenting consultant.
I have a couple of take-away from that discussion and here are two of them:
- For those who are in a relationship, exclusively dating couple, don’t be in a hurry. Take time to know each other well. Enjoy your every moment together and make lots of wonderful memories.
- For those who are already married, do continue the friendship. Don’t forget to go out on a couple date just like you used to. Show your affection for each other every single day and talk.
WATCH FULL VIDEO HERE:
Also present during the event is SM Supermalls’ very own #SMElevatorGirl to spread hearts during the launch.
Now speaking of dates, SM Supermalls mentioned about their DATE DEALS and Valentine activities in all of their 67 malls nationwide. There will be dining offers, Buy 1 take 1 promos and lots of freebies until February 14.
The Red Bazaar will have a Two For One offers on couple shirts and novelty items. Plus, there will be color-coded Valentine parties on Feb 10, 11 and 14 with acoustic in-mall performances that you can request online.
Now if you’re looking for valentine gifts for your special someone, your besties or your family, SM Market has transformed itself into a one-stop shop for all your Valentine needs like fresh flowers.
But there’s more >>>>
- Sweets For Your Sweet! Save as much as 5% when you buy Toblerone and Cadbury chocolates at SM Hypermarket, Ferrero Rocher chocolates at SM Supermarket and Savemore Market.
- Wine and Dinner by Candlelight! Discounts on Carlo Rossi, Johnnie Walker, Fundador, Raffa Sparkling and Smirnoff Mule.
- Two is Better Than One! Select items will give you 2x more SM Advantage points just because it’s the love month.
Now to show how committed the SM Supermalls team is with this year’s Valentine celebration, they have commissioned famed wedding videographer Jason Magbanua to direct their #LoveSMstories feature shorts which can be found online through the SM Supermalls FB Page.
WATCH IT HERE:
Likewise, mall-goers are encouraged to participate with their own #LoveSMstories – just share your unforgettable love stories that happened in an SM mall for a chance to win 10,000 Pesos worth of shopping-date certificates!
I believe SM Supermalls has finally recognized the power of their establishments to bring people together, they have been a witness to many of life’s heartwarming and most romantic moments and to celebrate these moments with them during the month of hearts is most fitting – just like a Ninong. 🙂
There’s more than one way to show LOVE, however which way you do it, the most important thing is you do. I am confused, but I do hope you get it. Now stop reading this and go to SM Markets and buy your loved ones something!
For more details visit www.smsupermalls.com
WATCH #LOVESM MEDIA LAUNCH EVENT VIDEO HERE:
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- Netflix Announces Entry of 21 Studio Ghibli Films in their Library - January 20, 2020
- BRIA HOMES | Ang Pambansang Pabahay ng Pilipinas Announces Grand Open House Schedules - January 18, 2020
- ZEN Rooms Moves its Headquarters to the Philippines - January 18, 2020