DID YOU KNOW that when you reach your 20s, you already become a target for heart disease?
Studies show that cholesterol level among 20-year olds and above increases dramatically with lack of exercise and unhealthy diet. This has been the inspiration for the Golden Fiesta Heart Healthy Camp campaign which aims to influence people of all ages and from all walks of life to evaluate their lifestyle and initiate positive changes – to exercise more and to make the right food choices.
I was invited to witness the 2nd leg of the Heart Healthy Camp last November 26 (Sunday) held at Track 30th in Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.
Joining the early risers from BGC were celebrity couples Solenn Heusaff and Nico Bolzico who herded two teams of celebrities who went head to head for a one-of-a-kind fitness challenge.
Those who gamely took the challenge were:
- Philippine Azkals player Anton Del Rosario and his fiancee
- Fashion designer Sam Richelle
- Miss Earth 2015 Angela Ong
- Mr. World Philippines 2016 Sam Ajdani
- Volleyball Superstar Raquel Daquis
- Actress Maricar De Mesa
- Miss World Philippines 2015 Hillarie Parungao
- Model-Mom Angel Jones
- Singer-Actress Ana Roces
- Model June Macasaet
Challenges were divided into six workout stations manned by professional coaches and trainers to ensure that everyone was carrying out the exercises properly and safely. The workout activities included Pumps! Plyometric Box Jumps; Heart Skips! Low Hurdles; Heart Beats! Agility Ladders; Elastic Heart! Fitness Band; Heart Swing! Kettle Bells; and Heart Waves! Battle Ropes.
HEART HEALTHY TIPS
- CARDIO EXERCISE – it helps strengthen the heart and lungs and reduces weight.
- HYDRATE – water is essential to the body and cleanses your system by removing toxins.
- REST WELL – sufficient sleep reduces stress levels and improves overall health
- EAT WELL – a balanced diet with protein, carbohydrates, fiber and fat can protect the body against diseases.
Here are the celebs in action:
In the end, Team Nico outshined all the members of Team Solenn, but all were victorious in performing all the tasks that were assigned to them.
But win or lose, Solenn and Nico is still the most adorable couple:
A lot of interested participants who went to Track 30th got to experience the workout stations. They were also given a free fitness check-up via the Golden Fiesta Karada machines which basically determines their fitness level and the type of heart healthy exercise that they need.
Here I am trying out the ropes:
Those who were able to complete all the workouts took home some special treats from Golden Fiesta and a limited edition Heart Healthy Camp Finisher’s Shirt.
Also part of the event is a cooking demo with celebrity chef Jose Sarasola who showed participants some heart-healthy dishes that they can easily whip up at home like Golden Fiesta Lettuce Salad with Guyabano Vinaigrette, Golden Fiesta Bangus Back Fillet and Adobo Kangkong Duo, and Golden Fiesta Japanese Chicken Katsu in Curry Sauce.
All these dishes were made with the help of Golden Fiesta Canola Oil which is loaded with phytosterols that is good for the heart.
Phytosterols are all natural plant compounds that help reduce the cholesterol in our body by as much as 15%. Aside from Canola Oil, Golden Fiesta also has other healthy cooking variants too like Palm, Corn and Soya.
Golden Fiesta is brand of NutriAsia makers of other iconic Filipino products like Datu Puti, UFC, Silver Swan, Papa, Jufran, Mafran, Mang Tomas and Locally Blended Fruit Drinks.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- McJim Classic Leather | World Class Quality Proudly Philippine-Made - February 21, 2018
- SANDWICH Celebrates 20th Year Under The Glow of the Satellite - February 20, 2018
- ESCAPE | Five People, One Impossible Mission in New KIX TV Series - February 19, 2018