JUSTICE LEAGUE is a total disconnection from the DC Live action franchise. It is as if director Zack Snyder have lost depth and imagination on this one – or budget perhaps?
Both of Snyder’s films, “Man of Steel” and “Dawn of Justice” have not met the expectations of many DC fans, but it was forgivable basically because one, the world needs a new Superman (Henry Cavill); and second, he produced one of the most believable Batman (Ben Affleck) and Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) ever.
However, while I was hoping that JL could raise the bar a little higher than the turn out from Dawn of Justice, it just went from okay to a disappointment. I hope Snyder would consider giving the steering wheel to a more capable director for the sequel of Justice League. WHY? Here’s why:
- I didn’t recognized the Batman being portrayed in JL – a totally different character from the one in Dawn of Justice.
- All the lead characters from Ezra (The Flash) to Jason Momoa (Aquaman) are trying to be funny, but they are just not.
- And what happened to Cyborg’s costume (body)? Cyborg is played by Ray Fisher.
- Superman’s resurrection was super dull.
- Where are all the people? The world is under threat of alien invasion but where are all the bystanders, military people, cops, journalists, politicians, bloggers, scientist, etc. – NO BUDGET?
Story was a real mess also, it’s practically all over the place. The Chris Terrio (Dawn of Justice) and Joss Whedon (Age of Ultron) tandem is just not working.
The only redeeming factor in this film are the action sequence.
WONDER WOMAN is still probably DC live action’s strongest film today but it’s still not enough to out match any of the Marvel franchise, except for the Spider man Homecoming movie and Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
Shown a month earlier, Marvel’s THOR RAGNAROK is the funniest Thor movie ever – it’s not perfect, but it was visually entertaining and hilarious. Had a lot of good laughs in this film plus the use of other Marvel characters in the film like Surtur (Clancy Brown), The Grandmaster (Jeff Goldblum), Hela (Cate Blanchett), Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson) and The Executioner (Karl Urban) was exceptional.
But what really made this film so interesting are three things:
- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) VS Hulk (Mark Ruffalo)
- Sibling tension between Thor and Loki (Tom Hiddleston)
- And that cameo appearance of Dr. Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch)
Justice League VS Thor and Hulk? Thor wins by a knockout!
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- 57% of Young People Suffers From Social Anxiety According to a New Study - October 18, 2019
- Three Reasons Why Christmas is the Best Season to Buy a New House - October 18, 2019
- Jose Mari Chan with Firefly LED Wishes Everyone a Safer and Brighter Christmas in New Video - October 18, 2019