Regardless of what others say about how Baguio City has become too crowded or too urbanized for a vacation spot, the city of pines is still a great escape from the busy Mega Manila life.
Yes a lot has indeed changed from when I last visited the place – that was almost two decades ago. I remember going there three times way back in the period of 1997 and 1998 as a delegate and an official member of the coordinating team of the 8th National Biennial Convention of the Catholic Youth Organization in the Philippines.
We initially stayed in a transient house at Brentwood, then at the old Brentwood Apartel and finally at Mirador Jesuit Villa Retreat House located along the Dominican Hill Road.
It was a trip full of many wonderful memories, and there hasn’t been a year that passed when I didn’t wish for a chance to go back there again – sadly, that chance never came.
That’s why when I was invited to a three-day sponsored Baguio City adventure together with other online media last July, I immediately said yes.
We stayed at AZALEA RESIDENCES BAGUIO located along Leonard Wood Loop, Brentwood Village – fortuitously, the same location where we stayed twice during my first visit in Baguio City. Talk about great coincidences 🙂
Azalea Residences Baguio is a 4-star full serviced apartment hotel that boast of its spacious room accommodations, with separate living room, kitchen and dining facilities.
It is situated near Teacher’s Camp, Saint Louis University and Pink Sisters and just 3-5 minutes away from some of the places worth visiting in Baguio City like Wright Park, Baguio Botanical Garden, Baguio Public Market, Burnham Park, Baguio Cathedral and many others.
There was a storm coming in the north when we went there so it was raining hard the whole time. And that is the main reason why we are all thankful that we stayed at AZALEA.
Azalea Hotels & Residences has that reputation of making guests feel that staying indoor is more enjoyable than going out to see the sights – which is not really bad specially when it’s raining hard outside. That way, a trip to Baguio will not be a total bust even when there’s a storm – just like what happened to us.
I love Azalea for that!
One of the main reasons why you would choose to stay indoors are their absolutely stunning and spacious rooms which are classified into Deluxe Hotel Room, One Bedroom Apartment, Two Bedroom Apartment Suite and Three Bedroom Apartment Suite.
Here’s a quick look:
Here are their published rates for 2017:
- Deluxe Hotel Room No Balcony (30 SQM) – 5,950 (June-Sept) / 6,950 (Jan-May/Oct-Dec)
- Deluxe Hotel Room Back Balcony (30 SQM) – 6,600 (June-Sept) / 7,600 (Jan-May/Oct-Dec)
- Deluxe Hotel Room Front Balcony (30 SQM) – 9,000 (June-Sept) / 10,000 (Jan-May/Oct-Dec)
- One Bedroom Apartment Loft (48 SQM) – 8,000 (June-Sept) / 9,000 (Jan-May/Oct-Dec)
- One Bedroom Apartment Suite (48 SQM) – 9,000 (June-Sept) / 10,500 (Jan-May/Oct-Dec)
- Two Bedroom Apartment Suite Back Balcony (60 SQM) – 13,500 (June-Sept) / 15,000 (Jan-May/Oct-Dec)
- Two Bedroom Apartment Suite Front Balcony (60 SQM) – 15,500 (June-Sept) / 16,500 (Jan-May/Oct-Dec)
- Three Bedroom Apartment Suite (72 SQM) – 18,000 (June-Sept) / 19,500 (Jan-May/Oct-Dec)
Another thing that I liked about Azalea Residences Baguio is TRADISYON, their in-hotel restaurant that serves some of the most delicious hotel dishes I have ever tasted. I guess 10 times better than Kuya J’s in Azalea Boracay. 🙂
I love Pizza & Pasta Night (Friday), Hot Pot Night (Saturday) and their unlimited Hot Cocoa (Chocolate) drinks are to die for! Kudos to the chefs of Tradisyon! Can you please bring that Hot Chocolate here in Manila. 🙂
If you want a quick night cap but you can’t go out because of the rain, Azalea Residences Baguio also has the 8 Degrees Lounge and Bar right beside the reception area to keep you company. Relax while watching your game or the news with a glass of your favorite drink or make it your meet-up area for some quality conversations with your pals from the other rooms any time of the day.
If you want a relaxing weekend in Baguio, whether it’s dry or wet, I highly recommend you stay at Azalea Hotels & Residences Baguio – your trip will be all worth it, I promise!
AZALEA HOTELS & RESIDENCES BAGUIO
Leonard Wood Loop, Baguio City
Baguio Onsite: (074) 424 8714 / 0917 861 1639
Manila Reservation: (02) 484 0080 / (02) 484 0081 / (02) 484 3061 / (0917) 861 1641 / (0919) 994 4140
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- 1CISP Says PH Coop Earns More Than Corporate, Offers Better Compensation Packages - March 22, 2019
- BRIA Homes is the Fastest-Growing Mass Housing Developer in the Philippines - March 22, 2019
- SFI Group of Companies and Kuder to Address Lack of Career and Guidance Counselors in the Philippines - March 22, 2019