What happens when the original Disney villain kids of the movie “Descendants” faces off with a brand new group of Disney Villain Kids?
The adventures of the teenage sons and daughters of Disney’s most infamous villains continues in the highly anticipated Disney Channel Original Movie DESCENDANTS 2! The contemporary, music-driven sequel, which has already broken ratings records in the US, premieres Sunday, 20 August, 10am on Disney Channel (Cignal Ch 32/SKYcable Ch 47 (SD) and Ch 250 (HD)). Fans in the Philippines can also enjoy “Descendants 2” on the Disney Channel App, available for download on the Google Play Store and App Store.
Reprising their roles as the Villain Kids are:
- Mal (Dove Cameron), daughter of Maleficent, the Mistress of all Evil from “Sleeping Beauty”
- Evie (Sofia Carson), daughter of the cruel Evil Queen from “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”
- Carlos (Cameron Boyce), the son of fashion-obsessed villainess Cruella de Vil from “101 Dalmatians”
- Jay (Booboo Stewart), the son of powerful sorcerer Jafar from “Aladdin”
The movie introduces a new group of villains who form the menacing Pirate Gang:
- Uma (China Anne McCain), the leader of the Pirate Gang and daughter of Ursula, the villainous sea-witch from “The Little Mermaid”
- Harry (Thomas Dougherty), the son of cunning pirate Captain Hook from “Peter Pan”
- Gil (Dylan Playfair), the son of arrogant, chauvinistic Gaston in “Beauty and the Beast”
The story begins with the gang of Villain Kids settling into their new lives in the idyllic kingdom of Auradon. When the pressure to fit in becomes too overwhelming for Mal, she returns to the Isle of the Lost which is now dominated by her archenemy, Uma, and her Pirate Gang, who plan to unleash all the villains imprisoned on the Isle. The story culminates in a climatic and action-packed battle where both sides face off to fight for what they believe is right.
A rich story full of adventure and heart, “Descendants 2” is centered on the themes of self-discovery, friendship, teamwork and empowerment, as the characters learn to stay true to themselves and discover their individuality.
Set to edgy, contemporary and fresh new music, the show features a brand new cover of “Kiss The Girl” from the 1989 animated film “The Little Mermaid” and six original songs, including the high-energy opening number “Ways To Be Wicked” and toe-tapping pop rock anthem, “What’s My Name”.
Emmy Award-winning director Kenny Ortega is the director, executive producer and choreographer. The movie premiere of “Descendants 2” in the US (July 21, 2017) bested two years of US cable TV ratings, and the soundtrack topped the iTunes charts within the first week of its release.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- How to Sing Your Way To London for Free with Costa Coffee - October 17, 2017
- 3 Reasons Why MIGZ HALECO is the New “BES” of OPM - October 16, 2017
- Six Celebrities and Their Favorite BlueWater Day Spa Treatments - October 12, 2017