I just found my new favorite canned tuna!
Inspired by the fishing areas in the South Pacific Ocean where there is an abundant supply of fish like striking a GOLD mine, Gold Seas Tuna Chunks‘ distinct taste and texture sets it apart from all the other available canned tuna brands in the Philippine market today.
Gold Seas Tuna Chunks raises the bar on what majority of health-conscious Filipinos consider as ‘the’ best alternative source of protein and ‘good cholesterol’ or Omega 3 fatty acids that are readily available almost everywhere.
The bottom line is, Gold Seas Tuna Chunks taste way better than the leading brand.
I am not that fond of seafood, fish in particular, with the exception of bangus (milkfish), dried fish (dilis, daing) and canned sardine or tuna – but it should always have chili or kalamansi on it to mask the ‘fishy’ taste and smell.
But surprisingly with Gold Seas, I can eat all their six canned tuna chunks flavors even those that has no chili on it. It’s probably because they are using Yellowfin Tuna which is lighter in color, taste and smell compared to what other brands are using – WALANG LANSA.
It may also be in the way they cooked the fish that makes it more delicious than the ‘other’ brand – I bet you know what that brand is. 🙂
Gold Seas Tuna Chunks, during its media launch last Thursday (July 27) held at the Blue Leaf Pavilion McKinley Hill elaborated the many ways their product is different:
- It has real, pure and meatier Yellowfin Tuna chunks (better than tuna flakes)
- It comes in six new, unique gourmet flavors
- Its elegantly designed easy-open packaging makes it at par with international brands
Present during the launch is General Manager Phillip Sanchez and the rest of the management team of Gold Seas Tuna Chunks.
Aside from being rich in protein and Omega 3, General Nutrifoods Philippines, the makers of Gold Seas Tuna Chunks made an assurance that their world-class tuna are responsibly caught to help preserve marine life for future generations. Their product is also certified Dolphin Safe and Halal-accredited.
Gold Seas Tuna Chunks are available in two sizes (185g and 90g) and six delicious gourmet flavors:
- Yellowfin Tuna Chunks in Olive Oil – 185g (SRP 62 Pesos) / 90g (SRP 36 Pesos)
- Yellowfin Tuna Chunks in Olive Oil with Chili (Bird’s Eye Chili) – 185g (SRP 62 Pesos) / 90g (SRP 36 Pesos)
- Yellowfin Tuna Chunks in Herb and Garlic – 185g (SRP 62 Pesos) / 90g (SRP 36 Pesos)
- Yellowfin Tuna Chunks in Lemon and Pepper – 185g (SRP 62 Pesos) / 90g (SRP 36 Pesos)
- Yellowfin Tuna Chunks in Mild Indian Curry – 185g (SRP 62 Pesos) / 90g (SRP 36 Pesos)
- Yellowfin Tuna Chunks in Springwater – 185g (SRP 54 Pesos)
Leading the Gold Seas Tuna Chunks brand launch last week were actress and new mom Toni Gonzaga and husband Direk Paul Soriano as well as host Suzi Entrata-Abrera and husband Paolo Abrera. The event was also marked with a special cooking demo by Chef Rosebud Benitez and a Bento-Making demo by Japanese-certified bento box maker Kat Maderazo.
Not that they need celebrity brand ambassadors, but I think that Gold Seas’ selection of Toni and Paul is a great move to get a lot of people to taste their products. I am sure that once consumers brings a can of Gold Seas Tuna Chunks home, they’ll be craving for more – and I hope that General Nutrifoods Philippines has an ample supply of Yellowfin Tuna when demand for their product rises.
Gold Seas Tuna Chunks are available in all leading supermarkets, groceries and convenience stores.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- Ed Sheeran Tops Spotify Year In Music 2017 - December 14, 2017
- Win PAL Tickets When You Shop and Dine With UnionPay - December 14, 2017
- Wavemaker Philippines – Now Open For Business - December 14, 2017