There’s more to Cignal TV than just an ordinary subscription-based Direct-to-Home (DTH) Satellite TV service provider.
Since its entry here in the Philippines in 1989, Cignal TV has dominated the market for digital television broadcast – both SD and High-Definition (HD).
But the market has drastically changed, specially with the introduction of Video-On-Demand (VOD) services on mobile devices that also produces exclusive contents for its subscribers.
The challenge now for local networks and entertainment companies is to tell good stories – stories that take us to different places, that make us cry or make us laugh. Stories that are able to touch us, move us, motivate us, or even change us; stories that are intelligent, relevant, of the highest quality, and most of all, stories that are meant for the Global Filipino.
Cignal TV is rising to this challenge by launching Cignal Entertainment – a full entertainment brand of original content catering to Filipinos’ evolving and upgrading tastes.
Cignal TV is currently approaching the 1.8 million subscribers mark.
“With 65.9 million broadband and mobile subscribers available in the SMART/PLDT group, we have taken on the challenge of bringing fresh, relevant and intelligent content to the screens of Filipinos” says Cignal TV President, Jane Basas.
Aside from creating awesome content, Basas shares that these materials will be made available on different platforms and experiences, from the smallest screens on mobile to the largest theaters, and beyond.
During the Cignal Entertainment launch held last Wednesday (July 12) at Edsa Shangri-La Hotel, Jane Basas also announced a strengthened partnership with previous collaborators Viva, Fox, Unitel, The Idea First Company, Content Cows Company, Masque Valley Productions and soon with Tony Tuviera of TAPE and APT Entertainment.
For its premier production, Cignal Entertainment is proud to present its first miniseries TUKHANG, produced by Masque Valley Productions, Inc..
“Tukhang” is a crime drama that explores the social costs behind the controversial war on drugs while mining the human drama that surrounds it. The four-part series, directed by Lawrence Fajardo, stars James Blanco and Karel Marquez as individuals whose day-to-day lives are spent trying to survive the unforgiving drug warzone of our nation.
Here are some of the cast of Tukhang:
This is just the first of many more awesome content that Cignal Entertainment promises to deliver.
Here’s a line-up of some upcoming shows on Cignal TV:
- Coming up on Viva’s SARI SARI Channel is the horror TV series “Tabi Po”
- Content Cows Company will roll out ADVOCASINE starting with “Till The End Of Us”
- UNITEL will give us “Dama”, “The Maid”, “Volleygirls” and “Mixed-Up”
- The Idea First Company will come out with exciting series like “Born Beautiful”, “Feels Like Forever”, “The Orbiters” and “Sleepless”
Also, watched out for more exciting features on Fox, Sine Pilipino and Paolo Bediones’ music-oriented show “Good Vibes”
To show solidarity for this wonderful new innovation, partners, their representatives and some of the stars of the upcoming shows joined the grand media launch of Cignal Entertainment last Wednesday.
- Guido Zaballero, First VP and Head of Marketing, Cignal Entertainment
- Ernesto “Bong” Sta. Maria Jt., Executive Chairman, Masque Valley Productions, Inc.
- Directors Perci Intalan and Jun Lana of The Idea First Company
- Madonna Tarrayo, President of UNITEL
- Wilma Galvante, CEO of Content Cows
- Vincent Del Rosario, President and COO of Viva and Sari Sari Channel
- Jude Turcuato, SVP and General Manager of Fox Networks Group Philippines
Get ready for awesome content and watch the back-to-back episode premier of “Tukhang“ this July 22 on Colours (Ch 60 SD, Ch 202 HD), Sari Sari (Ch 3 SD) and Bloomberg TV Philippines (Ch 8SD, Ch 250HD), on Cignal.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- Philippines Got 5 Nominations to the 27th World Travel Awards - October 20, 2020
- SURE NA! Kris Aquino is the Brand Ambassador for the Shopee 11.11-12.12 Big Christmas Sale - October 20, 2020
- LOOK: Miss Universe Philippines’ Christelle Abello is 2021 Ginebra Calendar Girl - October 20, 2020