One of the biggest challenges every parent (moms in particular) faces once the school year rolls in is figuring out what to pack into their kids’ lunchboxes.
Although every mother wants to prepare a healthy and hearty baon, the truth of the matter is, their school-aged children hardly touch their vegetables, fruits or healthy dishes when they’re away at school. Picky eaters, in particular, find ways to eat around their baon by choosing only the tidbits they think are tasty enough for them.
So how can make sure that your kids will eat the nutritious meal you packed for them?
Based on one mom’s experience, the answer to this is to make it kid-friendly. In other words: eye-catching, engaging and delicious. This can be achieved by applying the time-honored food preparation technique of the Japanese – the bento box.
Creating a bento meal for kids is easy as long as you have the right ingredients, like Fresh Options Kiddie Goodie line, and a playful mindset. Bento meal designs need not be complex as long as they’re interesting enough to entice your child to explore and finish each segment of their meal.
Fresh Options Kiddie Goodie food line is a perfect complement to bento baons. These include varieties of hotdogs, patties and breaded products such as chicken nuggets, drumettes, chicken pops and breaded pork patties. Kiddie Goodie products are easy to cook, easy to handle (when putting inside the bento) and delicious. Available in all Fresh Options stores in Luzon, they are every mom’s go-to solution for kid-approved bento baons.
Try your hand at preparing a bento baon for your kid with these kiddie-approved recipes created by Noobcookery’s bento aficionado Diane Gabriel, which she served and were enjoyed by her two kids. Use Fresh Options Kiddie Goodie line to make it easier for you (and yummier for the kids) to prepare each lunchbox.
Fresh Options Kiddie Goodie line is available at all Fresh Options stores in Luzon.
The Animal Farm with Pork Patty
- Pork Patty
- White rice
- Olive oil
- Fried pork patty
- White rice
- Sautéed spinach, beans, and carrots
How To Make Sautéed Vegetable recipe
- Blanch carrots and beans
- Wash spinach but leave some of the water
- Sauté chopped garlic in olive oil and butter, add spinach leaves
- Add carrots and beans, season to taste
Nuggets of love with Chicken Nuggets
- Chicken nuggets
- Butter or oil
- Leftover white rice
- Ham bits
- Fried chicken nuggets w/ ketchup dip
- Fried rice
How To Make Fried Rice
- Heat butter or oil in a pan
- Chop up Sliced Ham (off cuts from pizza!)
- Sauté garlic, add an egg and scramble in pan.
- Add leftover white rice, peas, and ham bits.
- Season to taste
Sail Away with Cheese Hotdog
- Cheese hotdog
- Cheese sticks
How To Make Cheese Hotdog wraps
- Cook hotdogs according to package.
- Use cheese spread or mayonnaise on tortilla (premade or homemade, recipe below) and then wrap around cheese hotdogs
- Secure with toothpicks and slice into 2 or 3 pieces.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
How To Make Tortillas
- Combine with 1 cup warm water and 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Roll out tortillas
- Cook on high heat in a dry pan (cast iron or steel)
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- GLOBALTRONICS Unveils New Logo and Announces Joint-Venture with Jump Digital Asia - November 24, 2017
- MAGICAL BONES | London’s Best Hip Hop Magician Visits Manila #SeeToBelieve - November 24, 2017
- What I Like About LE CHARME SUITES SUBIC - November 23, 2017