“Art speaks where words are unable to explain.”
The thing about ART is that it is unbiased because Art is Art, it is an extension of the one who has conceived it where imagination and creativity are the only limitations. It knows no boundaries, as natural as sunshine and as vital as nourishment.
That is why it is always a privilege to meet someone that truly embodies the title of an ARTIST in every sense of the word.
Meet SAMANTHA KASPAR.
- She’s the Swiss-Filipina daughter of Restaurateurs Chef Martin Kaspar and Mitzi Aragon Kaspar.
- Samantha is a painter known for her various works on silk and canvas.
- She has collaborated with well-known designers Patis Tesoro and Anthony Legarda for her Pina silk creations.
- Samantha’s work will also be featured on April 7 in New York for the Fashion Arts Autism Benefit event.
- She will be holding her first one-woman art exhibit and auction on January 28 (Saturday – 5:30PM) at the RCBC Plaza in Makati City.
- She’s 19 years old.
- She has autism.
Samantha Kaspar got interested in painting only three years ago, Martin and Mitzi supported their child’s newfound passion by engaging her with various art workshops and tutorials.
I met Samantha, Martin and Mitzi last Monday at their restaurant L’Entrecote Manila at Forbes Town Center in Bonifacio Global City during the media launch of The Center For Possibilities Foundation’s back-to-back event “Soundtracks and Symphonies” and Samantha’s One-Woman Art Exhibit.
Some of her works are on display at the venue and was amazed at how exquisite the paintings are and most specially the silk paintings. Her styles are mostly linear but the execution is really astounding.
Samantha will be auctioning around 40 pieces of artworks during her one-woman art exhibit on January 28. The proceeds of her auction will be used to fund her trip to New York for the Fashion Arts Autism Benefit (FAAB) event in April.
FAAB is a project of the Autism Hearts Philippines, created in order to showcase the artistic talents of children with special needs. The event will feature paintings on pina by eight special artists. These eight artists were chosen by the Autism Hearts Foundation among several PWSNs, attending a year-long workshop – taught by India Legaspi – that developed their skill and familiarity with pina silk.
The artists will present their paintings on pina silk, which will then be translated into clothing by featured designers for the fashion show.
Samantha’s art exhibit and the “Soundtracks and Symphonies” concert is presented by The Center for Possibilities Foundation (CFP).
Established in 2006, CFP is aimed at providing a support system to parents of children with special needs. Headed by founder Dolores Cheng, its board is composed of finance expert Renato Reyes, educators Cynthia and Lito Gonzalez; restaurateurs, car enthusiasts, and civic leaders, Vangie and Dieter Jaehn; mommy blogger Michelle Ressa Aventajado, jeweler Geeta Chulani, producer Yvonne de Paula; co-parent of a special child, Totoy Garcia, publisher Maricris Lim Pineda, accomplished netizen Mark Ignacio, and our spiritual adviser Fr. Gerard Deveza.
If you would like to extend assistance to The Center for Possibilities Foundation, you may reach them at www.centerforpossibilities.asia or (02) 723-1242 / (0918) 888-1759.
Get a glimpse of Samantha’s work, 5:30pm at the RCBC Plaza, Makati City on January 28, 2017.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- 1CISP Says PH Coop Earns More Than Corporate, Offers Better Compensation Packages - March 22, 2019
- BRIA Homes is the Fastest-Growing Mass Housing Developer in the Philippines - March 22, 2019
- SFI Group of Companies and Kuder to Address Lack of Career and Guidance Counselors in the Philippines - March 22, 2019