Augusto L. Syjuco, Jr. or former TESDA man Tito Boboy Syjuco may probably be the underdog of the 2016 Presidential election!
In fact, I only learned of his candidacy for the highest leadership position in the Philippine government last week and during a special bloggers forum on the state of the country’s internet broadband connection speed.
In fact, WIKIPEDIA don’t even have him on the list of 2016 Philippine Presidentiables yet.
According to some people and his supporters, he is probably the most qualified among all the Presidential candidates this year in terms of educational background and political experience. And there is really much truth to that statement.
Let us take a look at some achievements that Tito Boboy Syjuco has under his belt:
- He studied at Ateneo de Manila and Peekskill Military Academy in New York, USA (Elementary to High School)
- Graduated a Cum Laude at the University of the East in 1963 with a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration (BSBA)
- He earned his MBA at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, USA in 1964
- He has a doctorate in Management, Humanities, Public Service and Industrial Technology
- At 28 years old, Syjuco was elected Vice President of the 1971 Constitutional Convention and is the principal author and sponsor of Article 13 that paved the way for the establishment of the Sandigan Bayan and Ombudsman. The article is later adopted during the 1986 constitutional commission
- He was elected twice as congressman of the second district of Iloilo in 1998 and then in 2001
- He was the former Director General of TESDA and a member of the PGMA (President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo) 5-Person Think-Tank
Aside from being a public servant, Syjuco is also a writer, an artist, a pistol shooter and a Commodore of the 6th Philippine Coast Guard Auxilliary in Iloilo.
At the age of 73, Tito Boboy Syjuco said,
“All my time and effort, all my resources will go into my public service as President of a new Philippines, basically a new country, because my programs of government will redo everything that is wrong and there are so many things that are wrong today.”
He called the current PNOY administration as both ineffective and uncaring to the needs of the Filipino people.
When elected President this 2016, Tito Boboy Syjuco said that he will launch his FREE EDUCATION for all Filipinos program and make the Philippines the JOBS CAPITAL of the world during the first two days of his office.
Tito Boboy elaborated that by the end of his 6-year term as President of the country, he would have already provided 90 million poor students full scholarship grants that includes food and even a transportation allowance.
More Jobs and Investments
Tito Boboy will push for bills that will allow foreigners to own a 60% share on businesses in the Philippines, remove taxes on petroleum products and electricity. All importation will be TAX-FREE and the Value Added Tax will be abolished. Trade or Investment liberalization will be a key element in his campaign which will attract more foreign investors and provide more jobs here in the Philippines. Filipinos will no longer seek to work abroad as OFWs because there will be lots of jobs available in the country.
And that was only on Day 1 and 2 according to Tito Boboy Syjuco.
Now with regards to the internet, Syjuco said that this will be his 7th Day priority when elected as President of the republic.
He vows to ensure that the country will have the FASTEST BROADBAND INTERNET IN THE WORLD in his term!
According to the latest studies, the Philippines is ranked as the country with the slowest broadband speed in Asia at 3.6 MbPS compared to Singapore which has a top speed of 69.69 MbPS or 19 times faster than what we have right now. But despite of this handicapped, we are still the number one Business Process Outsourcing Internet Services Provider in the world.
Syjuco said that with a faster internet, the country will be able to attract more BPO companies to do business here in the Philippines and thereby adding an estimate of 1.3 Billion job opportunities in this sector alone or a 45 Billion USD additional income for the country.
So those are just some of Tito Boboy Syjuco’s priority programs when elected as President of the Philippines.
Here are videos of our latest interview with TITO BOBOY SYJUCO:
We can only be optimistic and hopeful since the programs of Tito Boboy – however idealistic or improbable they may have sounded – are still the stuff that we, Filipinos have dreamed about for a very long time, TRUE PROGRESS that will deliver our people to a new way of life and a life that is free, peaceful and dignified.
But of course it will all still depend on the leader that the majority of Filipinos will elect this coming May 2016!
And so the SEARCH IS ON!
Is TITO BOBOY SYJUCO your President? Why or Why Not? I would love to read your thoughts, SUBSCRIBE to the RainCHECK blog and drop your views on the comment section below.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- Ayala Foundation’s Project BuyAni To Help 10,000 Filipino Families and Local Farmers - August 10, 2020
- GoDaddy and AXN Launches Project GO, a New Reality Show for Aspiring Filipino Entrepreneurs - August 8, 2020
- Boyband Love | The Much-Awaited New BL Digital Series is Coming This September - August 8, 2020