BUY NOW DIE LATER is the 2nd Best Picture in the 41st Metro Manila Film Festival. It also won Best Festival Float and Best Production Designs.
The movie which stars TJ Trinidad, Vhong Navarro, Rayver Cruz, Alex Gonzaga, Lotlot De Leon, John Lapus and Janine Gutierrez was produced by Quantum Films and directed by Randolph Longjas.
BUY NOW DIE LATER is the only MMFF 2015 Mainstream film feature that I was able to watch so far, so I am in no position to compare it to the other entries or tell you if it really deserved the 2nd Best Picture award.
It was classified under comedy, psychological thriller and horror. I’ll give the story an A for great plot, twists and turns – however, somewhere in the last part of the film, all the wonderful element of mystery and suspense in the story got disconnected from the film. I can mention some of the areas that got weird and out.
- The transformation of the store keeper named SANTI (played by TJ Trinidad) into an alien-like being is grossly inappropriate. They could have just retained TJs face because the man can ACT evil! He could have won a supporting role if he was given that chance but instead they went for the childish transformation of giving him a mask. It’s a PG film no need to treat viewers like little kids anymore.
- I think the most exciting part of the story is when the so-called BUYERS went after their contracts – but instead, that part was erased in the equation. The search for the contract could have been the climax of the movie but instead they just handed the contracts with less effort and made the ending so dry and boring.
- The problem with Pinoy horror films is that all the fiends turn into wimps in the end. The same with this movie – a total lack of imagination on how to provide a more interesting way for good to triumph over evil (well at least that was where the plot was going).
BUY NOW DIE LATER is composed of five stories tied all together to make one ghastly bedtime story. Although the concept was not original, it was still a great attempt to replicate the works of Hollywood’s masters of horror. The stitching of the stories could have been more tighter and it could use some more creativity, especially during the last part of the movie.
SAYANG E, ANDUN NA TAPOS NAG PLATEAU SA ENDING – KINAPOS!
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- Sunkist Freshie the “Good” Soda Will Change The Way You Look at Soda - October 24, 2020
- 6 Vivo Smartphones with Amazing Deals at the Shopee Mall Right Now - October 24, 2020
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Now Available in the Philippines - October 22, 2020