Battle cries usually serves as the driving force of soldiers before, during and after a fight – that is of course if they’re still alive!
In 2016, Filipinos ages 16 and up will be shouting only one…
Never Quit! Never Give Up!
This battle cry will not only serve as a source of strength or motivation to all those who will utter them but also a solemn promise as they embark on a one-of-a-kind and first-in-the-Philippines race event. TOUGH X ROUGH (TxR) – the first international Obstacle Course Racing (OCR) series in the country and the only OCR World Championship Qualifier in Asia.
I was at the NBA Cafe in SM Aura Premiere last week to attend the official launch of TOUGH X ROUGH Philippines which will be co-presented by Tough X Rough Asia headed by its Founder and CEO DAVID VOTH and TV5, represented by the Kapatid Network’s First VP and Head of Sales ROD NEPOMUCENO, Sports5 Head COACH CHOT REYES and TxR Philippines Duly Appointed Drill Sergeant COACH JOSEPH PAGULAYAN.
ABOUT TOUGH X ROUGH
Tough X Rough patterned after military-type commando training includes eight (8) exciting race events.
- Three (3) TxR Short Courses: 3K – 5K plus 16 Military Inspired and Tested, Exclusively Designed TxR Obstacles
- Five (5) TxR Long Courses: 8K – 10K plus 20 Military Inspired and Tested, Exclusively Designed TxR Obstacles
In addition to the races, there will be Four (4) boot camp events and one (1) National Championship event, with the over-all winner for Male and Female individual, as well as top Male and Female Teams, earning a FREE TRIP to the coveted OCR World Championships at the Blue Mountain Resort, the largest mountain resort in Ontario, Canada on October 15 & 16, 2016. That is on top of earning the TITLE of being the first TxR Champions in the Philippines!
The only requirement is that YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 16 years of age on Race Day. Health is of course another consideration but race organizers assures that there will be a TxR Race event for the whole family even for the little tykes.
TOUGH X ROUGH RACE DETAILS AND REGISTRATIONS
Tough and Rough (TxR) will feature a select group of contestants going through grueling tests of individual courage and endurance. The international rules for OCR require competitors to race across various physical challenges along the route such as climbing over walls, lifting heavy objects, traversing bodies of water, crawling under barbed wire, jumping through hoops, and many other military training inspired courses.
Races vary both in distance and challenge levels; combining the skills for trail running, road running, and cross country running.
Registration are now accepted via the TxR Web Page – www.TOUGHXROUGH.Asia
TOUGH X ROUGH CATEGORIES AND RACE FEES
- Elite Individual Competitive – Male & Female (1,500 Pesos)
- Elite Team Competitive – Must be a Team of Three / Male or Female (1,250 Pesos/ Member)
ELITE BENEFITS: Choice of First Waive Starts of the Day, First Come, First Serve, Post Massage in Elite Post Race Tent, Elite Race Check In, 2 Passes to VIP Elite Tent Pre and Post Event, Elite Private Bag Drop at Elite Tent, 10% voucher for next race entry (any entry category)
FIT & FUN
- Fit & Fun Individual – Male & Female (1,249 Pesos)
- Fit & Fun Team / 3 or more – Male, Female & Mix (999 Pesos / Member)
- Fit & Fun Team / 10 or more– Male, Female & Mix (750 Pesos / Member)
STUDENT & MILITARY
- Fit & Fun Individual Student / Military (899 Pesos)
- Fit & Fun Team Student / Military / 3 or more – Male, Female & Mix (699 Pesos / Member)
TXR KIDZ & FAMILY
- TxR Kidz – 4 to 15 yrs old (550 Pesos)
- Family rate, 2+ TXR Kidz (450 Pesos /TxR Kidz)
- Elite Individual Commander Class Male, Female (2,000 Pesos)
- Elite Team Commander Class / 3 or more Team Mates – All Male, All Female (1,650 Pesos)
COMMANDER CLASS BENEFITS: Choice of Elite Waive Starts, Post Massage in Commander Class Tent, Commander Class Concierge Race Check In, Private Shower, 2 Passes to VIP Commander Tent Pre and Post Event, Private Bag Drop at Commanders Tent, Pre Event Day Mini Boot Camp and Obstacle Coaching, 20% voucher for next race entry (any entry category)
Sign up for more than 1 TXR Event and get 10% off each additional race.
TOUGH X ROUGH RACE KITS
- TxR Finisher Dog Tag
- TxR Race Visor
- TxR Branded Work Out Towel
- TxR Branded EVENT DAY Wrist Band
- Combat Pack
- 10% off next race
- Free Ice Cold Finish Line Beer (adults)
- Great Music
- Free Annual Subscription to TxR Newsletter with Training Tip and Sponsor Offers.
Tough X Rough is set to start its exciting and action packed race in January 2016! The actual race and the stories behind the race and racers will be aired on TV5!
TxR DEREK RAMSAY
Hosting TOUGH X ROUGH is Kapatid Network’s very own Tough and Rough star DEREK RAMSAY.
“I am very excited about Tough X Rough. I’m sure it’s going to be an adventure that sports fans and enthusiasts like me would enjoy.”
Being an active person that he is, DEREK upon knowing that he will be hosting TxR Philippines initially asked producers if he could just join the race instead. Well, he will get a chance to experience the TxR OCR tracks while hosting the exciting show at the same time!
Here’s more of Derek’s message during the TxR launch at NBA Cafe:
For MORE PHOTOS go to the #RainCHECK FB Page at www.facebook.com/checktherain or FOLLOW me on Twitter at @raindeocampo
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- BDO Receives 14th Asia’s Icon on Corporate Governance Award - April 17, 2019
- A Tiki-Tastic Easter and Summer Party at Midas Hotel - April 17, 2019
- The 7 Most Visited Churches in Metro Manila During The Holy Week - April 16, 2019