There’s a new convenient and more practical way to pay our electricity bill and it also aims to teach us the value of energy conservation and proper budgeting. MERALCO KURYENTE LOAD or KLOAD, the first prepaid electricity service in the Philippines is now available in Manila and in some portions of Rizal, Pasig, San Juan, Cavite, Caloocan and Bulacan.
Last Thursday, I visited the Meralco Espana Branch not to pay my bills but to talk to the major proponents of this wonderful project from the Philippine’s biggest electricity distribution company.
It’s nice to hear that MERALCO is really very committed to their promise of coming-out with innovative ideas that will provide more convenience to all their customers and most especially the Filipino households. Three years ago the Meralco MoVE App was born and now a faster way of getting powered is sweeping Mega Manila and nearby provinces through a special intelligent meter built specifically for the all new prepaid MERALCO KURYENTE LOAD.
It was my first time to hear about Kuryente Load last Thursday. According to MERALCO representatives, over 8,000 satisfied KLOAD customers are now enjoying the new KLOAD prepaid electricity services and so far, the system is working very effectively. KLOAD subscribers are now more empowered, dignified and disciplined electricity users. The emotional benefits of the new system outweighs the practical benefits and it’s a win-win situation for both the consumers and MERALCO.
MERALCO said that customers are able to save up to 20% on electricity bills after replacing their regular meters with the intelligent meters of the new KLOAD prepaid electricity. This is attributed to consumption control which is a direct result of the pay-before-use system that gives people power over their over-all electricity consumption and since they get updated regularly about their daily consumption, households can now monitor, make projections and adjust their electricity use to fit their daily, weekly or monthly budget.
It’s a brilliant idea!
For MORE about MERALCO KURYENTE LOAD, watch this video:
The KLOAD prepaid electricity system is not meant to replace nor compete with the existing subscription and payment system of MERALCO but rather offer a more practical alternative to new home owners, developers, lessors (apartment and condo owners), and other households who are looking for a better and smarter way to monitor their electricity consumption. You won’t rely on MERALCO people to read and interpret your electric consumption anymore, you can already do that yourself and with greater transparency too.
The new KLOAD system technically provides more peace of mind for both lessors and tenants. Tenants are now more secured, worrying about landlords over-charging for electricity consumption can now be just a thing of the past. Lessors on the other hand will not worry anymore about tenants leaving and not paying their electricity bills because it’s all prepaid!
Although it’s possible, but I think the KLOAD system would not be advisable though for big single unit establishments like malls, resorts and hotels and other industrial corporations who are heavily dependent on a steady use of electricity 24/7.
MERALCO KLOAD FEATURES
To summarize, here are the five (5) wonderful features of the MERALCO KLOAD Prepaid Electricity system:
- Subscribers get a FREE Daily Balance Update via SMS. They also receive RELOAD confirmations and LOW LOAD reminders so there’s no worry of not reloading before your load runs out.
- If in case your load runs out before you’re able to reload, MERALCO promises an automatic reconnection within 5 minutes after you reload. No reconnection fees or visit to the MERALCO office needed!
- LOAD anytime and anywhere via Meralco Business Centers, Bayad Centers, and E-Load retailers in Sari-Sari Stores, Generika drugstores, Mini Stop outlets and Robinsons Malls.
- LOAD are available in 100, 200, 300, 500 and 1,000 denominations.
- No bill deposit, no installation fee and no load expiration date. You absolutely don’t have to pay anything except for your electricity consumption.
HOW TO APPLY FOR MERALCO KLOAD
Applying for a MERALCO KLOAD Prepaid Electricity is also very easy, watch the video below:
For more information about Meralco KLOAD call 1622-7737
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- Four Snack Hacks For Eating While Traveling - June 20, 2019
- How to Project Success and Confidence with McJim Classic Leather Accessories - June 20, 2019
- Philam Life Now Offers Health and Protection Benefits From 0 to 100 Years Old - June 20, 2019