With only a week to go before the grand Manila opening of the Asian Tour of Saturday Night Fever The Musical, Atlantis Theatrical Entertainment Group together with Ten Bridges Media Corp and the Robert Stigwood Organisation formally announced last Thursday (June 25) in a special program held at the Eclipse Restaurant of Solaire Resorts the full cast and the creative team behind the much-awaited ‘throwback’ musical presentation of the year.
Saturday Night Fever is the award-winning, iconic film of the late 70s that launched the career of John Travolta to full stardom status. Travolta played the role of Tony Manero, the lead male character of the story while actress Karen Lynn Gorney played the role of female lead Stephanie Mangano.
Playing the role of Tony Manero in Saturday Night Fever The Musical is dancer and Broadway actor Brandon Rubendall. He has under his sleeve the Broadway features “Spider-man: Turn Off The Dark” and “Anything Goes” prior to doing Saturday Night Fever. He also toured with the cast of “Wicked”, “The Last 5 Years” and “Hairspray”.
Stephanie Mangano will be played by Britney Spears impersonator Jenna Rubaii. Jenna has also appeared in the US and International tour of Green Day’s hit musical “American Idiot”.
The original film version of Saturday Night Fever also released one of the most successful movie soundtrack of the decade which spawned Six (6) Bee Gees hits (Stayin Alive, More Than A Woman, How Deep Is Your Love, Jive Talkin, You Should Be Dancing and Night Fever) plus other disco tunes that defined the late 70s music and styles like ‘If I Can’t Have You’ by Yvonne Elliman, ‘Boogie Shoes’ by KC and the Sunshine Band, and ‘Disco Inferno’ by The Trammps.
The whole stage musical will pay homage to all these hits as well as the groovy dance moves and outfits of the decade.
Multi-awarded director Bobby Garcia, Broadway choreographer Vince Pesce, Tony Award-winning scenic designer David Gallo, Broadway lighting designer Paul Miller, costume designer Eric Pineda, sound designer Michael waters, technical director Richard Martin, projection designer GA Fallarme, and musical director Ceejay Javier comprise creative team of the Asian Tour of Saturday Night Fever.
Sporting bell bottoms, colorful silk tops, elevator shoes alongside lead stars Rubendall and Rubaii are the talented Asian Tour cast presented by The Morning Rush program hosts Chico and Gino:
- Mikkie Bradshaw as Annette (Carrie, The Sound of Music, Rock of Ages, Nine, Aladdin, Addams Family)
- Bibo Reyes as Bobby C (In The Heights, Rock of Ages, Avenue Q)
- Nick Varricchio as Double J/Tony (A Chorus Line, The Light in the Piazza)
- Nel Gomez as Joey (Romeo & Juliet, Shrek, Grease, The Glass Managerie, The Producers, Carrie)
- Carla Guevarra-Laforteza as Flo/Club Singer (Miss Saigon, Avenue Q, Spelling Bee, Song and Dance, You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown, Company, The King and I, Nine)
- Jamie Wilson as Monty/Frank (Pippin, Camelot, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Speed-The-Plow, Angels In America, Cabaret, Into The Woods)
- Rafa Seguion-Reyna as Frank Jr. (Grease, La Cage Aux Folles)
- Altair Alfonso as Jay/Frank Jr./Double J (The Little Mermaid, In The Heights, Aladdin, The Full Monty, The Addams Family, Piaf, Rock of Ages, Shrek)
- Marie Rose as Latin Dancer
- Daniel Cabrera as Jay/Latin Dancer (The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe, Pinocchio, Jack and the Beanstalk, Cinderella, High School Musical, Footloose)
- Steven Conde as Fosco/Frank (The Little Mermaid, The Bluebird of Happiness, Aladdin, The Full Monty, Ghost, Shrek)
- Alex Godinez as Linda (High School Musical)
- Jim Ferrer as Bobby C/Joey (Here Lies Love, High School Musical, Camp Rock, Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, Maxie, Legally Blonde, Tarzan, Nine, Rock of Ages)
- Emeline Celis-Guinid as Flo (Grease, Once On This Island, Rama at Sita, Wanders, Rock of Ages)
- Yanah Laurel as Connie/Annette (Spring Awakening, Legally Blonde, The Little Mermaid, Nine, Carrie, Shrek)
- Earle Figuracion as Becker
- Japs Treopaldo (Legally Blonde, In The Heights, The Little Mermaid, Rock of Ages, Nine, Aladdin, Priscilla, Queen of the Desert)
- Lito Cipriano (Jesus Christ Superstar)
- Chinie Concepcion (Sleeping Beauty, Oliver, Once Upon a Mattress, Sweet Charity, The Wedding Singer, The Little Mermaid, Joseph The Dreamer, The Lion, The witch and the Wardrobe)
- Michael Carandang
Veteran choreographer Cecille Martinez dons three crucial roles in Saturday Night Fever The Musical. She will be assistant choreographer, dance captain and female swing – different dance shoes all in the same show. The challenge is extensive as she is involved in both the creative process and the show itself.
Impressive casting and awesome songs and dances, I can’t wait to see the whole show. Here is a video of Brandon and Jenna inviting everyone to come and see Saturday Night Fever The Musical at The Theatre at Solaire on July!
The Saturday Night Fever Asian Tour Kicks off at The Theatre at Solaire from July 3 to 26. They have scheduled performances in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on September 4 to 13 and Singapore on September 25 to October 4. Show tickets are now available, call Atlantis Theatrical Entertainment Group at (632) 650 5144 or (63917) 838 1534; or go to www.ticketworld.com.ph
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- BDO Receives 14th Asia’s Icon on Corporate Governance Award - April 17, 2019
- A Tiki-Tastic Easter and Summer Party at Midas Hotel - April 17, 2019
- The 7 Most Visited Churches in Metro Manila During The Holy Week - April 16, 2019