I have vertigo and occasionally gets GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) attacks which are both stress related long-term ailments. My wife, on the other hand, visits the ER once or twice a year because of anxiety attacks. But we’re not worried, we have a MediCard!
MediCard is one of the most well-known and oldest Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) that provides a comprehensive health care program for its members here in the Philippines. Just like ‘colgate’ is to toothpaste, MediCard became the second name of HMO here in the country.
My wife works as the executive assistant to the director of an NGO based in Manila and they’ve been with MediCard for almost 5 years already. Before having MediCard as their healthcare provider, the company was with two other HMOs in the past and she was able to compare the services offered by MediCard with the previous ones.
“In terms of the array of specialists, facilities and services, MediCard is way better than the other two.” She said.
My wife also added that they have proven time and time again that MediCard is indeed a customer-friendly or a member-centered HMO that provides them with an above expectation value-added services.
But don’t take her word for it, let’s go look at MediCard closely and find out why people who are on MediCard have nothing to worry about. Here are 10 reasons why YOU SHOULD BE ON MediCard as well!
- MediCard, established in May 1987, is one of the pioneering HMO here in the Philippines and they’re celebrating their 28th years of service this year.
- MediCard is a founding member of the Association of Health Maintenance organizations of the Philippines (AHMOPI).
- You might not know this yet but MediCard is the only HMO run and founded by real DOCTORS.
- MediCard is also the first HMO awarded with an ISO certification in the Asia Pacific Region.
- MediCard members have access to more than 40,000 accredited doctors, specialists and dentists in almost 1,000 accredited hospitals and clinics nationwide.
- MediCard have an easy-enrollment plan for individual members, family, group, corporate and VIP programs.
- MediCard offers comprehensive healthcare coverage to its members which includes emergency care, hospital confinement, preventive health care, dental care, member’s financial assistance and out-patient consultation services.
- Aside from the many accredited healthcare providers, MediCard has a total of 10 Free Standing Clinics nationwide and 6 Satellite Clinics.
- MediCard also has a state-of-the-art Lifestyle Center in Paseo De Roxas, Makati City. A first-of-its kind, it is designed to offer effective solutions for wellness and lifestyle diseases and home to, among others, a state-of-the-art dermatological center, a fitness facility, an eye and colorectal center, dental clinics and a yoga center. The MediCard Lifestyle Center also has its own coffee shop and a Sugarleaf store that serves organic food to help clients stay on track of their health and fitness goals.
- MediCard Value-Added Services includes online and text services that allows you to apply or renew membership online, schedule APE (annual physical examinations) and easy access to their customer services.
Aside from these awesome facts about MediCard, MediCard members (card owners) are entitled also to a number of perks and discounts to various commercial establishments like California Pizza Kitchen, Yoshinoya, TOSH, Wendys, Hotel H2O, Island Cove, Cordlife, Lifeline, Tobys, Ideal Vision and many others.
So, Why Worry? When you already have a MediCard!
You don’t have one yet? It’s never too late to get one – visit MediCard at www.medicardphils.com
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- The 15th Philippine Feng Shui Convention for The 2020 Year of the Metal Rat - September 14, 2019
- FamilyMart Introduces its New Coffee Creations Blended by UCC - September 14, 2019
- GCash Launches its Customer Protect Program - September 14, 2019