TV5 gives viewers a much-welcome break from all the Holiday stress with its special comprehensive year-ender report, “Lima Para sa 2014”, which airs tonight, December 27 (Saturday) at 10:00PM.
With the whole world already raring to welcome the upcoming new year with much enthusiasm and excitement in just a matter of days now, TV5 first gives viewers a look back on 2014 by putting the spotlight on the most unforgettable controversies, issues and personalities who made the headlines and kept people from all walks of life abuzz.
From the thousands of news items that, in one way or another, caught our attention this 2014, TV5’s credible team behind the Network’s regular documentary program “Kaya” selects the top 5 news story arcs and top 5 newsmakers who were really responsible in shaking not only the country, buy also the entire world, in the past 365 days.
Personally, and on a global point-of-view, if rainCHECK would select the Top 5 biggest news headlines and newsmakers of 2014, it would be:
- The Ebola Scare
- The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- The Search for Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370
- When Germany won the World Cup in Brazil
- The Leaked Nude Photos of Celebs on the Internet
On a local scale, here are rainCHECK’s Top 5 news headlines and newsmakers of 2014 in the Philippines:
- Vhong Navarro versus Cedric Lee, Deniece Cornejo et al
- The Panatag Shoal Crisis
- Pork Barrel Scam: Juan Ponce Enrile, Bong Revilla and Jinggoy Estrada Jailed
- Overpriced Makati Building: Vice President Binay in Question
- MRT woes
I would include Barrack Obama’s visit to the Philippines but it wasn’t big deal after all.
To find out which particular headlines and who among the world’s most infamous and well-loved personalities alike made the ‘list’ of TV5’s special year-ender coverage, be sure to not miss the premiere of “Lima Para sa 2014” happening tonight (Saturday), December 27 at 10:00PM, only on TV5.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- BDO Receives 14th Asia’s Icon on Corporate Governance Award - April 17, 2019
- A Tiki-Tastic Easter and Summer Party at Midas Hotel - April 17, 2019
- The 7 Most Visited Churches in Metro Manila During The Holy Week - April 16, 2019