Christmas is indeed merrier when your house is brighter and livelier, and what better way to complement an awesome Christmas decor than with some lights of different colors dancing all over the place.
However through the years, Christmas lights has been known to be one of the leading cause of fires during the holidays. But with the invention of LED that risk has been reduced by half. But nevertheless, one can’t be too lax when it comes to home safety.
Here are a couple of things to remember before buying and installing your Christmas lights:
- Only buy Christmas lights with ICC (Import Commodity Clearance) stickers.
- Check the plug thoroughly before buying, choose the brand with a more sturdy plug.
- Avoid the dreaded ‘octopus wiring’ or plugging too many cords into a single socket by using extension cords.
- Don’t leave the lights open at night, make sure that you unplug it before going to sleep or going out.
Following these basic reminders may prevent fire, save lives and homes, and ensures a very merry Christmas – always!
Check out the Rescue5 one-minute video below for more information. This video is part of Rescue5’s series of public service interstitials or plugs that show how to celebrate the holidays safely and how to properly respond to any emergencies that may occur. It will be aired regularly throughout the holiday season on TV5, AksyonTV and Radyo5.
Along with the Rescue5 activity book, Rescue5 will also hand out 72-hour survival kits or backpacks containing emergency devices and school supplies. The team will also be distributing sacks of joy provided by PLDT Smart Foundation and Gabay Guro.
Latest posts by raindeocampo (see all)
- BDO is the Strongest Bank in the Philippines According to The Asian Banker - December 12, 2019
- HBO and HBO GO Ends 2019 With Non-Stop Blockbuster Entertainment - December 12, 2019
- Julie Anne San Jose is the New Lee Jeans Female Style Icon - December 12, 2019